Zazzle is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering Team in Cork. Reporting to the Engineering Manager , the engineer will work with colleagues worldwide across a range of departments from marketing, growth, data, customer success, content moderation and finance. As part of the global team of world class engineers, you are key to the success of Zazzle.
Zazzle value work-life balance and your comfort, so we facilitate you to do your work where you feel most productive. The role can be located out of our International HQ in Cork, Ireland, but we also offer remote or hybrid work solutions within Ireland.
Now, for a bit more about us. You might have heard of Zazzle, and we bet someone you know has used Zazzle. But for the uninitiated, Zazzle is a destination where you can design, sell, and customize thousands of products and designs. Our mission is to enable our users to create anything imaginable. We have millions of customers and a million plus independent designers on our platform, we’re profitable, and we’re (secretly) a global juggernaut that’s growing like crazy. We have fun, and we lead with empathy. In fact, leading with heart is one of our values. Want to learn more about Zazzle? Then head on over here.
If you want to learn more about this role, then read on.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Zazzle you will
- Work on our huge range of internal tools, getting a chance to dive deep into the products that drive Zazzle behind the scenes
- Develop software for all the Zazzle server clusters, including web servers, search servers, micro-services, cloud deployments, etc.
- Develop software for all Zazzle workflow systems, tools and batch processes for background processing.
- Scale our systems to accommodate the increasing traffic to Zazzle.
Qualifications we're looking for
- 6 years’ experience in a software engineering/programing role
- Solid fundamentals in data structures and algorithms.
- Strong knowledge of database systems, master of SQL.
- Well versed in any modern programming language: C++, C#, Java, etc.
- Experience with instrumenting, debugging, profiling performance, optimizing memory usage in production.
- Prior knowledge on building any facet of large-scale websites a plus.
- Able to work through all phases of a project, from concept to build to maintenance.
- Curiosity to learn and ability to adapt to new technologies quickly.
Experience That Would Be Nice To Have
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Familiarity and experience with Micro-Frontend
- Experience with Storybook, or building up design systems.
- Lots of internal tech talks by engineering team members.
- Many opportunities to join various industry conferences.
- Project rotations with lots of opportunity to work on latest technologies.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or a related field.
Zazzle is people-powered; we care about your success. Our benefits include work from home, health and wellbeing coverage, profit sharing, and so much more. We are pet-friendly and lead with purpose because we’re on a mission to make and create anything imaginable. We’re looking forward to meeting you – there’s so much more to share. Apply now.
We celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and creativity of our teammates, designers, makers, and partners! We strive to continuously build a diverse and inclusive culture and community that empowers all of our teammates to be authentic and achieve their true potential. You'll be joining Zazzle at a very exciting time in our growth and playing a significant role in our success. This is a true opportunity for your own personal growth, an opportunity to be innovative and creative, and truly make a difference in our future.