WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
At Carbon Health, we believe in the power of health, of medicine, and of technology. We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your career and continuously refine your craft. To support this goal, we’ve built a diverse and passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another and reach Carbon Health’s mission of bringing high-quality healthcare to everyone.
The Job At A Glance
Join Carbon Health’s dynamic and talented engineering organization! Our engineering team provides the Carbon Health modern tech-enable health care platform that combines technology with inviting healthcare clinics designed from the ground up putting patient care first.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead our Care Delivery and Productivity teams. The teams own the applications used day by day by clinical and support staff to provide high quality healthcare to our patients in a timely manner. You will be helping the team to work efficiently in a fast paced environment. Problem areas include:
*Core charting experience: software for managing doctor and patient interaction, adding diagnosis, ordering lab tests, ordering prescriptions.
*Longitudinal Care pathways: building tooling for preventative care, closing care gaps and helping patients manage chronic conditions over the life of the patients relationship.
*Operational tooling: software for managing clinician data and schedules, operational reporting, and more.
*Clinic Expansion: software for managing new clinic launches, clinic expansions, adding and removing services from existing clinics, and more.
*Support tooling: integrating tools like Zendesk, Dialpad, Zopim, and more to make it easy for support staff to quickly determine any issues a patient might have and rapidly respond to them.
What You'll Do
- Manage two engineering teams and grow each of them to 4-6 engineers
- Work with the design, product and clinical teams to define the strategies to improve our clinical and support staff experience
- Develop efficient processes and empower your team to operate with high velocity, ownership.
- Effectively communicate to your peers and all stakeholders
- Mentor engineers and help them grow.
Experience & Attributes
- 5+ years hands-on experience designing and building complex web applications or other software systems (preferably full-stack).
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineering Manager.
- Experienced with managing multiple teams.
- Passionate about great user experience.
- Comfortable with uncertainties and constant changes.
- Experience working at a health tech company is a bonus; not required.
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the leading national healthcare provider with a mission to bring world-class healthcare to everyone. Leveraging its unique technology platform, Carbon Health provides its patients with omnichannel care: seamless care from the same trusted providers at a wide variety of access points, including urgent care, primary care, virtual care, pop-up sites, the Carbon Health app, and on-site at their employers. Carbon Health also provides value-based care to enterprise partners across a broad range of industries, including academia, sports, entertainment, biotechnology, and travel. Apply today, join our team and make an impact!
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.