The Senior Solutions Consultant coordinates technical pre-sales activities. He/she transfers industry, technical and product knowledge to customers via good written, verbal and presentation skills. Assists in all levels of technical account planning and accompanies sales account managers on visits to customers. Assists in the development of formal sales proposal and presents and differentiates product offerings at a technical level from the competition. The Senior Solutions Consultant will also actively participate in internal specialist teams and provide consultative support in specialist areas to other Solutions Consultants.
- Discuss and demonstrate business benefits and value to a customer of a technical solution.
- Deliver presentations and demos over the web or on-site to customers and/or partners (up to 30% travel may be required). Occasional support for marketing events such as trade shows as needed.
- Perform detailed discovery with prospects to identify key value drivers and technical requirements for the solution. Build independent relationships with key resources in the account.
- Deliver pilots/POCs to prospects and assist customer, prospect and sales representative to build a compelling and competitive business case and ROI (Return of Investment).
- Prepare and/or review sales order documents such as statements of work (SOWs).
- Information transfer to and collaboration with the Services Functions (Support and Professional Services) for project implementation, training and customer onboarding.
- Own ongoing customer account/relationship management to increase customer satisfaction, reduce churn and identify upsell opportunities.
- 3+ years of experience in pre-sales in enterprise software is required. Experience with B2B SaaS solutions is a big plus.
- Strong listening and communication skills (written and spoken).
- Flexibility and willingness to step outside of traditional roles as needed in a startup environment.
- 5+ years of experience with ITSM desired. ITIL certification preferred.
- Understanding of BI/DW/Analytics technologies is critical to success of the position.