Envoy Global is a proven innovator in the global immigration space. Our mission combines our industry-leading tech platform with holistic service to streamline, simplify and expedite the immigration process for employers and individuals.
We have an opening within Envoy's dedicated IT team for an experienced Senior SQL Database Administrator to join us on a full time, permanent basis. This role is responsible for the operations and maintenance of SQL Servers hosted in Azure (PASS – Azure SQL) as well as on virtual machines hosted in Azure.
**This position is for the Night Shift to accommodate US Hours. **
As our Senior SQL Database Administrator (DBA), you will be required to:
- Management of SQL Server Databases and database servers hosted in Azure PAAS services (Azure SQL).
- Develop, maintain, and enforce database policies including (but not limited to): Backups, User/Application access, deployments, and maintenance windows.
- Plan and implement an auditing strategy to ensure compliance with Envoy policies.
- Review and analyze upcoming changes for performance and stability. Participate as the weekly review of all database related change requests.
- Create long term technical direction for server, storage, and operations as it relates to cloud databases.
- Work closely with members of IT, DevOps, Development and Data teams to analyze impacts of upcoming database requirements and impacts. Assisting teams as the subject matter expert in database performance and security.
Manage all permissions, credentials, logins, and accounts as well as defining Firewalls, private links, Network security groups and route tables.
- Maintain a disaster recovery strategy for critical databases. Perform a full production disaster recovery exercise with the IT and DevOps teams annually
- Perform quarterly database audits of permissions and risks, reviewing with stakeholders and formulating remediation plans.
- Implement and maintain monitoring software to review general health of the database as well as opportunities for performance improvements.
- Be passionate about SQL Server performance, integrity, and security. Continuously reviewing and promoting latest trends and innovations in SQL operations from Microsoft and its partners.
- Proactive planning and organization to adjust to the flexible needs of Envoy Global’s business.
To apply for this role, you should possess the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL server administration, in particular Microsoft Azure SQL (General Purpose as well as Managed Instance).
- At least 8 years of experience as a SQL database administrator managing more than 50 databases.
- At least 3 years of Microsoft Azure SQL administration in a production, highly transactional
- Demonstrated knowledge of index tuning, partitioning, scaling, and other performance management techniques.
- Knowledge of replication and backup/restore to ensure high availability
- Moderate experience with SQL Data Warehouse and Azure Data Factory, SQL Server Integration Services and ETL mechanisms including optimizing bulk imports and updates.
- Knowledge in SQL Server and database security including: Logins/Users, managed identities, credentials, audits, networking, encryption, data masking, classification.
- Familiarity with Full-Text Search, cognitive search.
- Knowledgeable in Server Hosted SQL 2016-2019, MySQL, Postgres and various document/NoSQL databases.
- Understanding of Change Management as well as the role of IT in Governance, Risk, and Compliance.
- Excellent critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to expand knowledge and learn new technologies.
- Availability for limited off-hours deployments and maintenance.
- Availability 24x7 to assist in operational or security incidents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field or relevant work experience.
- Desired Certifications: MTA-Database Admin, MCSA, Azure Database Administrator
To APPLY, please upload your application following the link provided. We look forward to hearing from you.