Sonatype is a dynamic and innovative global software company with more than 500 employees. We have been pioneers of modern software development practices, are in hyper-growth mode, and WE ARE HIRING!
Walls don’t make a company great; people do — and we have the best. While we have offices in Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom, our growing and talented team lives and works anywhere and everywhere.
We believe great discoveries happen when people from a diverse group of backgrounds learn, grow, and work together to achieve common goals. Our amazing opportunities are available across the globe in our Engineering, Design, Product Management, Marketing, and Sales teams. We seek candidates who share our passion for Open Source Technology and offer a creative, collaborative environment where every employee has a voice.
We are looking for team members that want to help us change the way the world innovates through software. The Sonatype team has already done this through its contributions to the Maven build system, the Nexus Repository Manager and Nexus Lifecycle, and most recently with Sonatype Lift – literally changing the way the world creates and delivers software across thousands of organizations and millions of developers.
That was just the beginning. We need your help so that we can do it again. If you are interested in delivering value across nearly every decision made in the world of software development, to help companies create better and safer software faster, to transform innovation through software, read on.
Who you are and what you'll do:
- You are passionate about the open source ecosystems.
- You will be a member of the Maven Central team, which develops and operates the standard software repository used by the Java/JVM ecosystem. More info at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9zHea6w6gsYou will help ensure the availability, security, and health of the Maven Central platform and help evolve it
- You are a person who has 6+ years of experience running high availability systems and supporting infrastructure in customer-facing production environments.
What skills you need:
- Proficiency with a high-level programming language (eg: Python, Go, Java)
- Proficiency in modern technical operating practices, including infrastructure as code, cloud-service integration, and SRE principles and practices.
- Experience with specific technologies should include at least a subset of: AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, CDN, Java (or other language) build processes.
- Experience with using data from service observability and control tools (monitoring agents, metrics, logging and dashboards) to drive decision making. We use Datadog as a primary platform but specific experience with it is not required.
- Comfortable participating in an on-call rotation with teammates
Things we are proud of:
- Things We Are Proud Of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.