Quartus Engineering Incorporated (www.quartus.com) is a leading provider of engineering services and integrated hardware solutions for a wide range of clients and industries. We employ advanced computer-aided engineering tools in the areas of optics, structural, thermal, and coupled analyses. We couple our engineering analysis capabilities with design, prototype, integration and test capabilities to create solutions for our clients that are of extraordinary value.
What will you do?
As Senior Staff Accountant, you will maximize returns on financial assets by establishing and maintaining financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. You will work closely with Engineering Project Managers to achieve optimum profitability on programs and advise Senior Management to track, communicate, and make recommendations on company financial progress.
Essential Job Functions:
- Approval and posting of entries to ensure accuracy of period, general ledger, and project/cost center assignment
- Manage monthly general ledger close process
- Validate and produce financial reports including Profit/Loss, Cash Flow, and Balance statements
- Prepares ad hoc analysis and reports (e.g. productivity reports, project profitability, etc.)
- Direct, lead, and seek operational improvements to internal processes, financial reporting and analysis
- Maintain, develop and implement accounting policies and procedures to satisfy compliance, legal and tax requirements, ensuring conformity
- Manage the budget and forecasts for Balance sheet and income statement and provide to directors and managers, report on variances
- Review and validate quarterly sector profit & loss calculations and identify areas of concern or recommendations
- Generates and manages Cost Plus rates for all engineering rate categories
- Administers company 401(k) program; includes calculating employer matching, annual compliance, etc.
- Assist with company ESOP program; valuation data, contributions, annual trust financial statement review, plan distributions, re-purchase liability calculations, issue participant statements
- Audit all financial functions monthly to ensure efficiency and good practices: Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Invoicing, Payroll, Benefits costs, etc.
- Work closely with program managers/project controllers to establish schedule and budgets for proposal submittals
- Assists program managers as needed to track, prepare, and deliver project financial reports to Quartus customers by generating and maintaining spreadsheets of hours, costs, budgets, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Who is right for the job?
We are looking to hire a process improvement-oriented individual with an impressive attention to detail and desire to make an impact.
What are we looking for?
- BA/BS in finance or accounting
- 8-10 years of progressive accounting experience and department management of all functional areas (payables, general ledger, receivables, purchasing, payroll etc.)
- Demonstrated usage or understanding of manufacturing standard costing and/or standard costing models
- Proficiency in MS Office and ability to perform complex analysis utilizing Excel
- Solid communication skills at all levels within the organization
- Must have strong analytical skills and direct experience with financial modeling
- Ability to identify and report problems and assist in their resolution
- Good interpersonal and personal management skills, and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident)
- SAP ByDesign experience
- Engineering and/or Manufacturing industry experience
Quartus is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. Quartus provides comprehensive benefits including competitive salary, discretionary performance-based bonus, employee stock ownership plan, medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan with company match.