Engineers on the Guest Experience team build world-class systems to support our Airbnb guests from all over the world to ensure they have a great experience, 24/7, and 365 days a year.
As a senior technical individual contributor, you will bring a unique skill set and experience to our organization, and work to solve some of the broader technical challenges within the Guest Experience team. You will not only work on both the overall architecture for our Booking Workflow and Orchestration system, but you will also lend expertise to specific teams and deep dive into projects as needed.
Our engineering organization is one where we value everyone’s input and ideas. Although you will be working at a senior level, all individual contributors at Airbnb who are Software Engineers are expected to be hands on, and contribute code.
- Define overall technical architecture for major parts of the Guest Experience space
- Architect large scale reliable systems to support continuous growth of the business
- Develop innovative strategies, processes and best practices to reduce technical debt, increase observability and reliability, to enable both business continuity and technology transformation for the Guest Experience
- Understand how key technical decisions will drive business outcomes
- Influence the organization, engineering leaders, product managers, and the business to develop a unified approach for our Booking Workflow and Orchestration system
- Maximizing the growth and impact of other senior engineers at Airbnb through mentorship, advice, and leading groups designed to align technical initiatives and decisions
- 10+ years relevant industry experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment
- Experience building, leading, and architecting large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Proven impact as senior staff engineer or equivalent on a complex technology area spanning several teams
- Bonus: Experience working in a JVM-based Service-Oriented Architecture and a modern frontend stack
- Bonus: Experience leading a technology transformation for business-critical systems