You will architect the Next-Gen payment systems for Udemy powered by microservices. As a senior member of the team, you will play a crucial role in the design/architecture of the entire platform and influencing the culture of the team. You will assume greater mentoring responsibilities to help the team grow in every aspect.
Today we like React/MobX for UI and Python(Django)/Kotlin/MySQL on the backend, and we are constantly reevaluating our choices to make sure we use the right tools for the job. Our team members have a wide variety of backgrounds and we strongly believe that diversity, open-mindedness, and good communication yield the best results. We are looking for someone to join the team who has demonstrable experience in some of the areas listed below and a desire to learn and master anything else that comes their way - we are a learning company after all!
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
- As a senior member of the team, you will be working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment, interacting with the senior leadership team, product managers, designers, and engineers to identify opportunities and implement solutions.
- Ownership & Delegation - As a Senior member of the team, you should own and execute product/Engineering initiatives, communicate with multiple stakeholders, delegate tasks to various teams and get them done by being the driving force.
- Mentoring - You will be expected to spend a considerable amount of time mentoring the team, Identifying best practices, and increasing the efficiency of the team.
- You will function as a technical lead for various projects/tasks as needed. This may involve some project planning, resource planning, and deployment planning in addition to your software engineering responsibilities.
- You will relentlessly refactor existing systems to make them more robust, maintainable, and scalable.
- In this opportunity, you will play a vital role in building and growing the team.
We’re Excited About You Because You
- Prior Experience as a Staff Engineer running key initiatives
- Prior Experience Mentoring and up-skilling highly motivated teams.
- Have strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Have superior design and architecture knowledge, as well as familiarity with object-oriented design patterns.
- Self-driven, own your services by all dimensions, and intrinsically have a desire to get things done. Prior experience making an impact on a previous project, product, or within an organization.
- Have demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and effective communication skills.
Nice To Have
- Experience with Python, Django, Kotlin
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Redis, and MySQL
- Familiarity with one or more cloud services such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Scalable data processing techniques: Kafka, RabbitMQ, Celery
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News