Senior Staff Engineer, Ambassador Products
Engineers on the Community Support Platform (CSP) team build world-class tools for our team of Community Support ambassadors around the world, to ensure our guests and hosts have a great experience on Airbnb, 24/7, and 365 days a year.
Airbnb has a huge global operational staff that must scale with our user base. Our job as engineers is as challenging as it is exciting: we own the entire tech stack responsible for their success.
Some example projects we have shipped:
- a new real-time messaging channel for contacting Community Support
- an advanced ticket routing system to match user issues against available agent skills
- advanced analytical data pipelines for monitoring performance, stability, and tool usage
To accelerate product and technology development, CSP recently launched a large-scale transformation called Project Quantum Leap.
As a senior technical individual contributor, you will bring a unique skill set and experience to our organization, and work to solve some of the broader technical challenges within CSP. You will work both on the overall architecture for ambassador products and future vision for the business, but will also lend expertise to specific teams and deep dive into projects as needed.
Our engineering organization is one where we value everyone’s input and ideas. Although you will be working at a senior level, all individual contributors at Airbnb who are Software Engineers are expected to be hands on, and contribute code.
- Define overall technical architecture for major parts of the Ambassador Products space
- Architect large scale reliable systems to support continuous growth of the business
- Develop innovative strategies, processes and best practices to reduce technical debt, increase observability and reliability, to enable both business continuity and technology transformation for Community Support.
- Understand how key technical decisions will drive business outcomes
- Influence the organization, engineering leaders, product managers, and the business to develop a unified approach to Community Support Platform
- Maximizing the growth and impact of other senior engineers at Airbnb through mentorship, advice, and leading groups designed to align technical initiatives and decisions
- 10+ years relevant industry experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment
- Experience building, leading, and architecting large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Proven impact as senior staff engineer or equivalent on a complex technology area spanning several teams
- Bonus: Experience working in a JVM-based Service-Oriented Architecture and a modern frontend stack
- Bonus: Experience leading a technology transformation for business-critical systems