Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
Spotify is seeking a Senior Strategy Manager to work on the Consumer Business Development team to assess long-term partnerships with a data-first approach.
This team leads all aspects of the lifecycle of Spotify partnerships, from initial opportunity vetting to signing the deal, to handling the health of the relationships. Our mission is to: identify, optimize, and advocate for business opportunities and partnerships that drive long-term value for Spotify. We partner with Samsung, Google, Amazon and Facebook (among others) and also across other platforms such as speakers, TVs, gaming consoles, and cars.
Currently, the team consists of around 20 people, and 5 are focusing on Partnership Strategy and Analytics. You will work closely with Business Development, Product, Data Scientists, and Partner and Product Marketing
What you'll do:
- Assess partnerships through data and/or financial analyses, evaluate industry trends, and proactively develop recommendations for Consumer BD to take to partners or internal product and marketing teams
- Support Consumer BD in evaluating future initiatives based on third-party research, strategic analysis, and historical performance data from existing partnerships
- Work in cross-functional teams, collaborating with product managers, data scientists, marketing, and others who are part of developing the consumer experience of our partner integrations
Who you are:
- 4+ years proven experience i.e., strategy consulting, role passionate about critical thinking, financial analysis/planning, industry trend, and competitive analysis
- Expertise in financial business modeling with a good understanding of Excel, and at the same time you can translate those outcomes into accessible presentations for executive level audiences
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and business audiences
- Strong eye for business with interest in partner-facing strategic work and product-focused partnerships
- Developed a sense of urgency, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable with working with multiple collaborators in an often-changing and collaborative environment
- Problem solver with outstanding analytical skills and ability to get comfortable with ambiguity; interest in data analysis would be nice to have
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location. This team will operate on an Eastern time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
- Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.