Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
A principal structural engineer on the aircraft engineering team is responsible for the development, design, analysis, test, and lifecycle of a structural component or system on the Hermeus hypersonic aircraft.
The Opportunity and How You'll Impact Hermeus:
- Cradle to grave ownership of a structural component(s) or system(s)
- CAD design of those components
- Analysis of the hardware and systems – including hand calculations and FEA
- Lead design, integration, and test reviews
- Assist in the development of processes and documentation to support engineering activities
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- +5 years of experience in an engineering role using CAD and FEA consistently
- +2 years of experience in a research and development team supporting a clean sheet new vehicle design
- +2 years of experience in supporting structural test
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.