The Supply Chain Production Coordinator is responsible for serving as the Supply Chain representative at the CMOs for one or more of our upcoming products. This person will collaborate with Planning, Sourcing, Procurement, and Logistics Teams to make sure we are meeting customer demand in Japan. This role will at times encompass actual production scheduling, inventory management, shipment coordination, and data management in ERP.
- Work closely with the CMOs to coordinate the desired production plan. Quickly escalate issues that would impact this schedule, such as changes in capacity, material shortages, etc., to the Global Supply Chain Planner.
- Ensure that the CMOs have the latest production forecast and are preparing CMO-provided materials adequately.
- Serve as the point of contact between the CMOs and the Logistics and Inventory Management Teams for resolving issues around inventory reports, timing of shipments, timing of material transfers, invoicing, etc.
- Work with the CMOs and Product Development to make sure issues impacting production are being resolved.
- Read and understand technical CMO reports in Japanese and translate information into English for internal Zymergen usage.
- Assist with the coordination of shipments between warehouses and CMOs and the coordination of customer product orders and sample requests. These shipments will include working with 3PLs, local and international carriers.
- Manage inventory of raw materials, WIP, samples, and finished goods at CMOs.
- Manage and update ERP/MRP data for accuracy related to scheduling and inventory
- Other Supply Chain activities, as needed
- 3+ years’ experience in supply chain planning, production planning, or scheduling, preferably for outsourced/CMO manufacturing
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, or other related field
- Strong familiarity with MRP/ERP systems, Netsuite preferred
- Business-level fluency in English and Japanese
- High proficiency in G-suite and MS Excel
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment. Problem-solving, collaborative attitude. Bias for action.