LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for evaluating, recommending, implementing, supporting complex workflow, platform/storage products, and services to meet internal customer needs. These products and services must be robust, scalable, documented, and cost efficient. The Senior Systems Engineer will provide day-to-day support, systems monitoring and tools, and will be responsible for leading and reporting on projects in partnership with other project stakeholders.
The Senior Systems Engineer will oversee the entire course recording process. Before production begins the engineer will coordinate with content producers and authors to discuss the technical requirements for a specific segment and manage the recording schedule. This role is responsible for new recording booth deployments, recording session setup, and the maintenance of the recording station equipment. The engineer will interface directly with internal customers and recording talent.
A good candidate will be experienced in architecting solutions for high availability, geographically diverse infrastructure, with a strong project management background.
- Lead technical planning for workflow and processes by evaluating and recommending or developing tools to support implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of infrastructure, services and processes.
- Provide multi-level technical support in defining, developing and evaluating products and services to meet customer needs. Supports these activities by diagnosing, reproducing and fixing software and hardware issues. Provides recommendations to improve the systems infrastructure and address/lead critical issues and analysis.
- Manage bespoke weekly recording environment setups
- Maintain Knowledge Base Articles based on environment changes
- Provide end to end assistance for recording booths and post-production stations
- Identifies and defines required monitoring and alerting levels for infrastructure and services including any related processes or dependencies; works with tools team to tune alerting levels for and accuracy and minimize response times by on-call staff
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems identified by system administrators and technical support staff or through monitoring software. Investigates, identifies and documents proposals that will improve platform and system recoverability and performance.
- Define, maintain and follow troubleshooting, resolution and escalation policies and processes
- Participates in testing, upgrades and configuration of system and services. Evaluates and ensures changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends revisions or changes based upon results. May assist with the application of support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems identified by system administrators and technical support staff or through monitoring software. Investigates, identifies and documents proposals that will improve application recoverability.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Ability to participate in on call rotation & occasional travel
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Business Fluency in English
- 3+ years of experience in design/architecting and maintaining highly-complex enterprise storage and server within a media production and/or post production environment
- 2+ years of experience in maintaining and managing media post production end-user workstations, equipment and software
- Experience in design, migration and support of Object-Store technologies
- Experience in Network Attached Storage (NAS) and related storage management
- Experience in administration of Linux, Mac OS X and Windows environments
- Experience implementing and supporting WAN/File-transfer acceleration systems and technologies
- Experience designing, implementing and managing fiber channel networks
- Experience working in a geographically diverse 24/7 support and escalation environment
- 2+ years of scripting experience including workflow automation, audit, alerting, configuration
- 2+ years of experience in monitoring tools and platforms to include coding plugins
- Experience in LAN/WAN network administration
- Experience design, implementation and support of highly-complex storage environments
- Customer driven, able to make customers feel great about their support experience regardless of the outcome via high level, polished customer and relationship management skills
- Able to work at a high level independently, utilizing other resources with good judgment
- Able to demonstrate high initiative and ownership of issues, projects and systems
- A tactical thinker with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Situational and strategic awareness for project / issue management and escalation
- Able to follow internal procedures and reliably perform real-time ticket documentation
- Superior written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Strong leadership skills and a willingness and ability to work through tough situations and solve challenging problems
- Ability to act as a leader and set the example both technically as well as with all other employee responsibilities within his/her team
- Adaptive and data-based approach to recording environment improvements