We are seeking a highly motivated system engineer to provide support to a Border Management Program. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Engineering and Development components of the program, support multiple phases of the project lifecycle, to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, creating installation instructions and deployment plans, O&M support, and supporting the Operational/Mission component as needed. What you will be doing:
- Design and define system architecture for new or existing systems.
- Perform complex systems development and design work
- Formulation, manufacturing and development engineering and cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, etc.
- Gathering complex requirements and decomposing those requirements
- Perform systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Review completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and make recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plan and direct upgrades of operating systems and design systems enhancements.
- Develop documentation on new or existing systems, SOPs, engineering plans, etc.
- Identify, analyze, and resolves system problems.
- Provide system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provide guidance to less-experienced technical or operations staff.
- Serve as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
What you will need:
- Bachelor degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) discipline or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- Related systems engineering experience
- Experience with system engineering requirements management processes
- Experience gathering complex requirements and decomposing those requirements
- Aptitude for on-site Systems Engineering and Technical Advisor work
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of software development processes and industry standards
- Understanding of change management and schedule management principles and practices
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong briefing and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a mission facing, fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment; ability to work independently and within a team environment
ClearanceWho are we?Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
TS/SCI with appropriate polygraph
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 350 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
*Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done things”; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer’s mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
- Competitive salary
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Parental leave
- 401k contribution/match: combination of profit share/contribution (4%) and employer match (up to 4%) for a total of 8%.
- Annual bonus plan
- Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
- Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.