Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently recruiting Senior Systems Engineer(s) to join our Automotive Control Systems team in support of Lucid EE System integration to customer platforms. The successful candidate will exhibit a clear understanding of vehicle powertrain systems and have experience of integrating xEV powertrain to multiple OEM vehicle architectures. In addition, the candidate will have a proven track record of customer facing systems engineering. Through application of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methods the candidate shall clearly and unambiguously capture architectural, behavioral, and parametric requirements that define the EE System integration to customer platforms. The role will require cross-functional engagement with OEM customers, vehicle level system engineering, control software engineers, hardware engineers and verification and validation teams.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a proactive, can-do attitude and approaches their work systematically with vigor, determination, and accuracy. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Own the elicitation and capture of requirements from all stakeholders for integration of Lucid Powertrain EE Systems to OEM vehicle platforms.
- Own the MBSE deliverables to one or more concurrent projects.
- Work closely with Functional Safety Engineers to support development of functional safety concepts and be accountable for the Technical Safety Concept(s)
- Work closely with the verification and validation teams to define and execute the verification and validation plans for system.
- Work closely with ECU owners on software architecture at an application and platform level.
- Work closely with Controls Application Engineers in the capture of Software requirements, verification and validation of software releases.
- Work closely, where applicable, with suppliers to validate component functionality.
- Support vehicle level validation test plan development and execution.
- Support hardware engineering team in the development, bring-up, design validation and troubleshooting of subsystem components and ECUs.
- Coordinate and plan with program management the systems engineering lifecycle activities to deliver to the program release milestones.
- Support the continuous improvement of Systems Engineering across the enterprise.
- Experience integrating EE Systems to multiple vehicle architectures with multiple OEMs.
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience as a Systems Engineer for Automotive Controls product.
- 3+ years’ experience with Automotive embedded electronic product development.
- 3+ years’ experience with ISO26262 in driving requirements and designs for automotive systems.
- 3+ years’ experience with ASPICE conforming process models.
- 3+ years’ experience with typical Automotive engineering tools such as CANoe/CANalyzer,PCAN etc.
- Industry experience of Model Based Systems Engineering methods and tools.
- Industry experience with formal requirements management tools.
- Understanding of SysML, application thereof to system development.
- Industrial experience of FMEA and risk management processes.
- Knowledge of product safety concepts.
- An analytical and questioning mindset.
- Electrical engineering skills related to electronic devices, mechatronics, sensors / actuators.
- Understanding of AUTOSAR Architectures.
- Good organizational skills.
- INCOSE certification.
- BS degree in electrical, computer, mechanical or other appropriate engineering discipline.
- Master’s degree in engineering preferred
The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
Bay Area Salary Range: $127,000 - $181,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits:
Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid's equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.