You will be responsible for leading the recruitment function for Zencargo. You will be responsible for the continued evolution of Zencargo’s recruiting process, using the ATS (We use Workable) and methodologies with a particular focus on digital methods. You will be our hiring ambassador; responsible for finding and attracting world-class talent, as well as running strategic initiatives to enhance our referral scheme and educate hiring managers to create a world-class candidate experience.
Reporting to the VP People, the Senior Talent Acquisition Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing practical and cost-efficient recruitment strategies to attract the best talent into the business.
- Build and Inspire an innovative, data-informed and scalable Talent Acquisition Team
- Own the end to end recruitment process from initial candidate contact, through to offer, ensuring an outstanding candidate experience throughout
- Own the delivery and execution of all current priorities as the business scales, developing and executing tactical sourcing strategies aimed at generating a strong candidate pipeline to meet overall recruiting goals
- Drive and maintain a high level of diverse hiring practices. You’ll be a key figure on the broader diversity strategy team.
- Ensure all employees are talent ambassadors and importantly make sure any interviewer delivers on our TA experience and quality promise
- Coach hiring managers to ensure regular reporting metrics are in place, ensuring there is a strong focus on employee relations, performance management, engagement and retention activities, including an understanding of compensation and benefits and development activity
- Provide input to the development and deployment of a compelling employment brand through multiple channels, playing a key part in sharing our story, growing a community of people who also want to be part of our journey
- Proven experience hiring for a high growth tech startup or SME, ideally having worked closely with all functions and leadership teams
- A track record of building high performing recruitment teams, ideally including in international territories
- Proven experience of having evolved and scaled TA infrastructures to support high growth, in a high change environment
- The ability to develop and execute global, multi-functional and multi-level hiring strategies whilst understanding the demands of a growing technology business
- Experience of crafting and applying strong recruitment processes from the ground up; acknowledging the importance of best practice processes and providing the foundations for a business that is growing and scaling internationally
- Accomplished at mentoring and coaching at management level, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong and productive relationships with people of all backgrounds and levels of seniority
- Passionate about creating a highly engaged, ambitious and positive workplace culture and environment
- Commercially perceptive; you can quickly identify and align business objectives with the best talent strategy
- Competitive salary and a pension scheme
- Internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- We offer flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days. We value output over face time. You’re free to work however you work best..
- £500 annual self-development budget for conferences and training - learning is important to us
- Excellent maternity and paternity packages.
- Fast paced environment with lots of room for creative freedom
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to change one of the biggest industries in the world
- Regular company socials.
- Weekly Yoga and discounts at local gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Nursery salary saving
Founded in 2017, there are now over 90 of us. Our team comes from all walks of life, and we welcome diverse voices and views to help us solve problems in the industry in a fresh way. Our Operational and Commercial teams are experts in logistics, freight forwarding and growing a business and our Product and Engineering team have experience in international B2B marketplaces, disruptive communication platforms, running product development agencies and financial products.
Our founding team of Alex Hersham, Jan Riethmayer and Richard Fattal have wide ranging experience in the shipping and logistics industry, financial services, machine learning and online platform business. They came together to launch Zencargo in 2017 and since then have overseen rapid growth scaling a team across Europe, working with fast-growing businesses - we work with 30% of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies in the UK - as well as enterprise customers.
A fair chance
Every role in the Zencargo team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, you. More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope and intend) cultivates an environment of belonging. We open our doors to those who share these motivations.