Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States
and United Kingdom
The Finance Team
The Finance team is focused on enabling Chainlink Labs to operate as a financially healthy and responsible business, building for speed and scale while avoiding unnecessary friction. We manage our capital resources carefully, surveying the road ahead to anticipate and prepare for any turn, and ensure the right resources are allocated for maximum returns. We analyze the business and report on key performance indicators, partner closely with other teams across the company, and ensure that we drive the right business outcomes, proper compliance, and accountability.
In this position, you will work directly with our Tax Manager to support the organization’s tax compliance and planning strategy. This role is a great opportunity to apply your international tax knowledge to deal with novel and cutting-edge tax cases in the blockchain space.
- Lead the effort of gathering data and assist with the review for all tax filings, including US federal, state, local, and foreign local tax returns
- Prepare global tax provision, reconcile tax accounts, assist with the statutory audit of income tax provision as needed
- Support the development of transfer pricing policies, the respective intercompany accounting, transfer pricing adjustments calculations
- Perform tax research on various tax issues, including US international tax, corporate and partnership tax, tax treaties, transfer pricing, and tax legislation updates etc.
- Document and maintain appropriate audit ready tax workpapers, processes and procedures
- Able to effectively and efficiently partner with internal stakeholders (including, but not limited to, Finance/ Accounting, FP&A, Legal and HR)
- Assist with managing external advisor and budget
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve efficiency
- Assist with tax planning efforts and other duties / special projects as assigned, and support tax audits as needed
- Support the implementation of ERP system and tax software as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting, CPA preferred
- 4+ years of relevant senior tax experience in hands-on US corporate and international tax compliance and tax operational experience
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines and multiple projects and responsibilities timely and effectively, excellent attention to detail
- Take ownership of all tasks assigned
- Willing to grow in a startup environment, open-mindedness and adaptability
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets, ERP experience
- Curiosity and a genuine interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain industries, industry specific tax compliance matters is preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, work ethic, resourcefulness, and flexibility
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.