We’re Elliott Davis, a business solutions firm providing tax, assurance, and consulting services to numerous industries, businesses, and individuals. We work daily to make a positive impact on our customers, our people, and our communities. This mission guides everything we do, from our work to our firm culture and our focus on service and volunteerism.
Our Tax department offers a breadth of knowledge across all aspects of tax consulting and preparation. We partner with our customers to help them navigate the ever-evolving tax landscape and reach their financial objectives, while also creating opportunities for additional value. Our team is innovative and forward-thinking while remaining attuned to the unique needs of each customer.
At Elliott Davis, our most important investment is in our people. We invite you to find out more about becoming part of our team.
We are looking for a Senior Tax Manager to join our Commercial tax practice. This candidate will oversee the tax preparation process for domestic and multinational businesses to ensure compliance with state and federal tax regulations. Tasks will include performing technical tax review of tax returns, assistance with income tax accounting, researching complex tax issues and engagement oversight to achieve accurate and efficient results. The Senior Tax Manager is responsible for training, motivating, developing and reviewing the work of their team.
- Developing and sustaining excellent customer relationships, owning the relationship end-to-end
- Being anticipatory and consulting on various tax matters
- Assisting with income tax accounting, ASC 740, computations and reporting
- Actively communicating progress of engagements, problems, and resolutions to customers
- Developing and growing a business network with colleagues, referral relationships, potential customers, and external organizations to attract new business.
- Continuously improving specialty area knowledge and professional development
- Holding yourself and others accountable for business development goals
- Recruiting, developing, and motivating team members, creating pools of ready-now leaders
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or law; Master’s degree in Tax/LLM in Tax, preferred
- 7+ years of recent accounting firm experience
- U.S. International information reporting review experience
- CPA certification
- Leadership and project/team management skills
- Excellent communication and networking acumen
- Ability to manage and grow strong customer relationships
- Strong experience with corporate tax accounting, ASC 740 preferred
- Experience with tax software and technology
- Ability to multitask along with demonstration of commitment to continuous learning
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing need of the organization.
Elliott Davis, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
This role is US-based only. While all candidates will be considered, candidates living in or around the following geographies are highly encouraged to apply: Greenville, Columbia, and Charleston, SC; Charlotte and Raleigh, NC; Augusta, GA; and Chattanooga and Nashville, TN.
Notice to 3rd Party Recruiters
Notice to Recruiters and Agencies regarding unsolicited resumes or candidate submissions without prior express written approval. Resumes submitted or candidates referred to any employee of Elliott Davis by any external recruiter or recruitment agency by any means (including but not limited to via Internet, e-mail, fax, U.S. mail, and/or verbal communications) without a properly executed written contract for a specified position by an authorized member of the Talent Acquisition team become the property of Elliott Davis. Elliott Davis will not be responsible for, or owe any fees associated with, referrals of those candidates and/or for submission of any information, including resumes, associated with individuals.
Please contact the Elliott Davis Talent team to initiate the process to become an agency partner at: email@example.com Subject: Agency Partner Request