Who we are
Virtually Live is a revolutionary new VR technology, aiming to provide a new dimension of live event broadcast entertainment to fans. Our patented system uses live event data to recreate events in a real-time virtual environment. Every object on the field moves according to the actions of the real athletes, allowing fans to participate in a live event from anywhere in the world.
Team founders are responsible for top media and technology businesses in Europe (Neuropro, TVN, SuperAwesome, Sony Playstation, Intuit, Vungle). Partners include some of the biggest names in Sports and Positional Tracking data.
Virtually Live is based in San Francisco, with offices in Zürich, London, Seattle and Spain.
This is a full-time on-site position in Pioneer Square, in the heart of downtown Seattle, a technological and cultural hub of the pacific northwest. For more information please visit www.virtuallylive.com or see our Angel List profile.
Who we need
When you look out into a crowd, do you see bones, physics properties and spline paths? Can you transform top-notch canned or captured animation into rich, realistic sequences of motion in real-time game engines? Are you a consummate tinker, frequently creating the perfect tool to satisfy your animation ambitions? We need an exceptionally talented Senior Technical Animator to join our crack team of artists and engineers to help bring life to dynamic, virtual actors. This position can only be filled by an expert with a track record of using complex motion rigs in procedural or data-driven contexts.
- Own, articulate, and evangelize the animation pipeline for VR experiences
- Own the integration of canned and captured animation with realtime motion data in the product
- Create animation scripts and graphs to power great-looking transitions and blends
- Create tools to automate and smooth out animation and other art content processes
- Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem solving during prototyping, bug-fixing and polish
- Work closely with development team to ensure Art delivers from concept to launch and beyond
- Discover, advocate for and utilize technology that will improve animation quality and efficiency
- An exceptional demo reel or portfolio showing:
- Footage of actors using your dynamic data or physics-driven animation scripting in realtime gameplay
- Robust, clever and highly usable rigs for complex and detailed actors
- Your practical and smart art tools that empower animation and art content
- Animation sequences that demonstrate strong animation execution and fundamentals
- Perfect skinning
- Game or entertainment industry experience supporting AAA-quality animated teams and products
- Strong knowledge of cutting-edge animation technology, including scripting, programming and middleware
- Experience leading animation team efforts with strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent team player with very strong work ethic and a collaborative/cooperative attitude
- Camera animation and storyboarding experience
- Exceptional character animation skills
- Shader development and/or perf specialty
- Character art, VFX, or other supporting art skills
- University or equivalent art or technology degree
- Passionate about Sports and VR consumer entertainment
What We Can Offer You
- Working within a remarkably diverse environment with an equally remarkable diverse
group of international colleagues all of whom are passionate about developing novel technologies.
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits including Medical, Dental & Vision at no cost to the employee!
- A generous PTO policy
- Monthly Healthy Lifestyle & Commuter Reimbursements
- 401K Plan
- And various other awesome perks!