SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Senior Product Manager within the Enterprise Data Office department is responsible for developing products, tools, apps and/or APIs that deliver actionable insights to help shape strategic thinking and drive business outcomes. The right candidate would be technically strong with data, analytics, business intelligence and cognitive technologies, along with an understanding of software development life cycles. You are able to work with and listen to business leaders, peers and industry thought leaders to distill, design and develop data products and solutions based on opportunities, challenges and ideas. You have the ability to contribute thought leadership in a fast-changing market and expand our data & analytics capabilities, delivering results while accelerating the pace of innovation. You are passionate about the adoption of your data products & services, and will manage the vision, roadmaps, release planning, communication plans, branding and UX to provide world-class data & analytics services to the Enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the planning, adoption and the user experience management of data & analytic products across the enterprise
- Oversee the development and delivery of new data products, from inception to launch
- Become an expert in your domain of SiriusXM data (internal and external) to quickly determine the best way to put information together and provide guidance to the various SiriusXM teams on data.
- Act as a mediator between consumers and the development teams, communicating the user needs and translating those needs into new product features for the team to build
- Work cross-functionally with your domain lines of business, along with vendors, consultants, designers, developers, and our IT peers to determine product and feature roadmaps, implementation plans, training, communication, change management and support
- Manage and continue to build on our value proposition, driving new features and capabilities as part of your product strategy
- Implement industry standards and industry best practices for standard data consumption but think outside the box and innovate new ways of data delivery, advanced analytics & insights delivery.
- Develop and manage a measurement strategy to ensure optimal product usability and utility
- Measure and improve through key performance indicators, service level agreements, risk and exposure, success rates, financial impact and benefits, and timelines
- Develop and manage a measurement strategy to ensure optimal product utility
- Drive continuous improvement through the strengthening of tools, skills, infrastructure, and process improvements required to achieve business objectives.
- Contribute directly to development of analytics data management
- Interface across the organization to answer challenging analytical questions related to the business data definitions in your domain
- Participate actively in data representation, data standards and policy as it pertains to Business Intelligence and Analytic products and solutions in your domain.
- Prepare, maintain, and monitor respective product budget(s) for maintenance, enhancements and growth initiatives
- Provide direction to multiple teams and indirect reports on direction, requirements, product & business needs while inspiring high performance delivery
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree in relevant field of study strongly desirable
- 2 or more years defining requirements for data being collected from digital devices specifically mobile devices.
- Experience analyzing/reporting on digital streaming data a plus.
- 3 or more years as an individual contributor in a development role or software engineering role
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex, strategic, and operational initiatives. Capability to think strategically, balancing a broad range of internal and external factors when identifying problems, proposing solutions, and making decisions.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, proactive problem-solver that is able to meet set strategic goals in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working closely with development teams to ensure milestones and features are met on time, as committed. Able to pivot and prioritize as needed,
- Demonstrated project management experience managing key performance metrics and understanding their respective impact to business strategy.
Requirements and General Skills:
- A person who is naturally a self-starter, can drive an initiative through execution and enjoys working across multiple teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to interact appropriately with all levels of the organization, including: business users, technical staff, senior level colleagues, vendors, and partners.
- An extensive track record that demonstrates effectiveness in driving business results through data and analytics
- The ability to develop and articulate a compelling vision and generate necessary consensus
- A successful history of translating business objectives and problems into analytic problems, and analytic solutions into actionable business solutions.
- A proven ability to influence decision making across large organizations.
- A proven ability to hire, develop, and effectively lead deeply technical resources.
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals.
- Articulate, inspire, and engage commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals.
- Create an environment where people from diverse cultures and backgrounds work together effectively.
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Speed, focus and due diligence as priorities with attention to detail
- Understanding of cloud concepts (IaaS / SaaS / PaaS / on-demand software services)
- Understanding of modern data management including big data
- Understanding of software development life cycles
- High comfort level with various database systems and analytical tools
- Knowledge of Scrum and Kanban methodologies and agile frameworks
- Jira and/or equivalent agile management tools
- Knowledge of machine learning and model deployment in a production environment a plus
- Scrum Master/Product Owner certification a plus
Minimum 3 years' experience with the following:
- Experience in managing and delivering data products, business intelligence, business analytics and/or advanced analytics solutions
Strong and thorough knowledge of the following:
- Data extraction, manipulation and transformation foundations
- Business Intelligence tools
- MDM / Reference Data
- RDBMS, NoSQL and NewSQL
- MS Office Suite
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.