Are you excited about leveraging technology to bring the world together through live experiences? Would you be proud to build tools to help anyone and everyone create, share, find, and attend events that fuel their passions and enrich their lives? Over the last decade, we have built a world-class software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform for event organizers, enabling millions of events globally. In the process, we have touched millions of consumers, helping them get together, explore their interests, and pursue their passions through live experiences. We are looking for highly skilled, experienced technical product managers who can help define and drive Eventbrite's internal platform, accelerating developer velocity and reducing the cost of change across the company.
Eventbrite’s Platform organization empowers development teams to evolve their features autonomously without having to worry about the infrastructure their services rely on. We help Eventbrite’s developers achieve the highest levels of personal productivity, product quality, and job satisfaction by continuously commodifying common patterns of toil.
Eventbrite is looking for a Product Manager to help lead the charge as we continue strengthening our Platform capabilities including our Administration tools platform and Privacy and Consent Management as we move towards a loosely-coupled microservices architecture. The PM will be involved with building platform capabilities to support various cross functional stakeholder needs and internal customer needs such as internal tools to support Assisted Success, Operations, and other stakeholders while also laying a golden path towards Eventbrite’s future architecture and our ongoing evolution from our legacy monolith. In this role, your direct customers are internal, however, everything we do is in service to the end-users.
- Manage a set of platform and business-essential administration tools and capabilities that form the foundation of Eventbrite’s internal product portfolio.
- Drive your product portfolio based on the needs of internal and end users, always obsessing over quality.
- Collaborate with product leaders, engineering leadership, and internal stakeholders for inputs for product strategy and roadmap; get buy-in and commitments and manage expectations.
THE SKILL SET
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and deliver results. Extreme attention to detail and ability to self-audit work.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to convey complex requirements in a clear, concise and credible manner
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Experience creating functional and technical specifications
- 5+ years as a product manager, with at least two years working on developer-facing and/or enterprise customer facing technical products or platforms
- Strong technical acumen particularly including a solid understanding of cloud-native infrastructure and architecture.
- Deep empathy for cross-functional stakeholders and developers at various skill levels and the challenges they encounter, and deep understanding of best practices.
- Familiarity with microservice architectures and associated infrastructure
- Strong technical background and ability to contribute to architectural and infrastructure discussions
- Prior experience on an internally-facing team.
- Experience with Amazon cloud technologies, particularly for multi-account strategies
- Experience working with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Experience rolling out platform wide changes
- Speaking/organizing in the community
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.