WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Sr. Technical Product Manager (m/f/d) to help us bring our Airline DirectConnect Platform and Air Travel API to the next level! You will help define the next range of functional capabilities of our platform, monitor their implementation by the engineering team and optimise the user experience of our API.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- With the support of the account management team (Channels), gather the functional requirements from our growing portfolio of travel channels that are adopting our technology to sell air travel to their customers;
- Facilitate the research and analysis of the functional requirements with the support of the engineering team in order to translate them into actionable technical tasks and lead documentation efforts;
- Manage a portfolio of airline APIs with the objective to support the engineering team in their understanding of these APIs’ functional capabilities;
- Monitor and validate the development by the engineering team of the requirements and support the account management team in any product-related communication;
- Facilitate the transfer of product knowledge across the company, with a particular focus on the account management team.
WHAT MAKES YOU THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
If you …
- Have at least 5 years of technical and/or product management experience
- Are passionate about travel and travel technology.
- Are experienced with agile methodologies and tools.
- Have experience with APIs and API monitoring/analysis tools (SoapUI, Postman, Insomnia, etc.).
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (English is the company’s official language).
- Offer strong analytical, project management, communications and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
HOW CAN YOU STAND OUT
You’ll reach the top of the list if, in addition to the above:
- You worked in a team before where the main product was an API or multiple APIs
- You have been in this role at a global distribution company or similar (travel content aggregators).
- You have been involved in early stage companies and helped them shape their next phase of growth from a product management perspective
- You can demonstrate a high level of proactiveness and self-reliance.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU AT FLYIIN
- The opportunity to join a company at its origin stage, which will grow fast
- The chance to work with very enthusiastic and experienced people from different parts of the world with different professional backgrounds who all share the strong desire to shake a whole (and huge) market up
- The option to home office one day a week, and to work remotely two weeks a year from any geographic location
- Regular “Knowledge sessions” on topics such as online travel, airlines, technology and digital products
- A competitive salary and a training and development budget of €2000 per year
- Work and live in Berlin! It is one of the most creative, culturally diverse and affordable cities in the world
- Get relocation and visa support
- Your daily dose of coffee, beverages, fresh fruits, snacks… and of course Friday beers
… and more as our business and results grow.
Are you interested?
If this is the kind of adventure you would like to take part in, and the type of job that you’ve always been looking for, please send your application, including your CV and any additional material relevant for your application, earliest start date and salary expectations. Please do not add photos, date of birth, or gender in your CVs.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
We are proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, color, disability or place of origin.
At flyiin, we are building something terribly unsexy, however, essential for airlines to radically improve they market their flights and services through third party travel channels.
(Re)launched in 2019 in Berlin, and backed up by 10+ senior airline industry professionals, flyiin’s Airline DirectConnect Platform and Air Travel API enable travel channels to build new and different flights booking experiences, based on direct API connections to airlines.
flyiin - Flight booking made simple. Finally.