We believe in championing the diverse perspectives, experiences, voices, and abilities of our employees, travelers, candidates, business partners, and industry peers. This inspires us to think bigger, act more fearlessly, improve constantly, and always remember – we are better together.
TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, inspires and empowers people to explore the world with confidence and share their trip experiences with others. We are building an entirely new subscription product, Plus, that provides members with exclusive travel discounts and upgrades to enhance their stay. We need a Senior Technical Program Manager to lead and manage the complex program in this highly visible, high impact role.
Plus is a large scale program that spans both web and native app, and you will have the ownership and autonomy to build and shape the program in partnership with the engineering, analytics, and machine learning teams. We have an ambitious and exciting roadmap for 2021 and beyond. This is a tremendous opportunity to have a significant impact on both members and the business with a globally recognized leader in travel.
- Establish a detailed program plan with a cohesive view of engineering workstreams and clear milestones, dependencies, and sequencing
- Coordinate and manage deliverables across multiple engineering teams to a successful completion
- Identify and address inefficiencies across the program that impact productivity, including jira organization and standardization, clear documentation, and a training curriculum for new hires
- Define and execute mitigation plans to minimize risk
- Communicate overall program status, including milestones, dependencies, and risks, to program teams, stakeholders, and executive sponsors
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations, and address any questions, concerns, or feedback
- Partner with engineering to investigate, deconstruct, and estimate (t-shirt size) large, unknown areas of work
- 5+ years technical program management experience, developing and managing detailed program plans
- 3+ years experience navigating large scale, complex projects and dependencies among multiple engineering teams
- 3+ years software engineering experience
- Deep understanding of and experience with product development processes
- Ability to rapidly identify and communicate issues and reach a resolution
- Ability to influence others and drive alignment among differing opinions
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and comfort communicating at all levels in the organization
- Strong stakeholder management
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and a proactive team player, working quickly and accurately under pressure and time constraints with minimal supervision
- Emotional intelligence