SharkNinja is looking for a driven, enthusiastic Senior Engineering Project Manager with a strong background in Project Management, Engineering and Consumer Product Development. You will join our fast-paced Shark Engineering team and work to deliver flagship business leading Shark Floor Cleaning systems. Shark prides itself on affordable floorcare innovation, ease of use, and a" hyper" focus on the consumer. This project manager will help develop the Hard Floor Cleaning products including the full line up of Steam mops and the VacMop®
. The VacMop®
product is leading the innovation roadmap for the Shark hard floor category.
- Setting up and communicating project Schedules to key stakeholders.
- Coordinating workstreams of subject matter experts and cross functional partners in the Design, Development, Validation and Manufacturing of Vacuums, Steam Mops, Floor Scrubbers and other small home appliances.
- Working with key suppliers and industry experts to optimize the design of Shark Floor care, cleaning systems.
- Report out to the executive team weekly on progress made as well as key development and implementation issues.
- Direct the use of modeling and simulation tools as well as physical experiments to verify the design of our products and packaging.
- Work with test team to develop new test methods to quantify product & Packaging performance.
- Collaborating cross-functionally during development to deliver product performance to satisfy the voice of the customer.
- Participate as a key member of our multi-disciplinary team as it defines, designs, builds, and tests new products across the lifecycle from initial conception to mass production.
- Oversee external suppliers, technology partners and consultants, ensuring outcomes are properly scoped, budgeted and executed.
- Assisting with exploration of sourcing materials, vendors, and components.
- Support manufacturing teams on proof of concept and manufacturing scale up.
- Coaching and mentoring junior staff, co-ops, interns.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Experience in design of electro-mechanical consumer products or appliances.
- Experience with Injection molding, Metal Forming, DC motors, gearbox design, Thermal analysis.
- Experience with JIRA and Agile Project management.
- Experience with building GANTT Charts and Project timelines to help forecast delivery dates.
- Experience with project planning and coordinating multiple workstreams with many cross functional stakeholders.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, strong attention to detail.
- Relentless drive to identify problems and take responsibility for their resolution.
- Flexible, enjoys switching gears, and working in an extremely fast-paced, high pressure yet collaborative environment.
- Strong presentation skills, delivering clear insight and takeaways, using clear graphs and charts to represent project schedules.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Engineering Management. MS preferred.
- PMI Training required, PMP certification preferred.
- 7+ years of experience with project management in the design, development and manufacture of electromechanical consumer products.
At SharkNinja, our purpose is to positively impact people’s lives every day in every home around the world. We work very hard to provide our consumers with high quality, exciting 5-star products that make life easier. We thrive on passion and innovation, and are looking for great people, with great ideas, who want to create the next big thing. We take a team approach to our projects, where everyone has a voice. We want individuals to push limits, look outside the box and think the unthinkable. With the explosive growth we have been experiencing, we’re looking for motivated individuals to join us on our exciting journey. People need to think big, move fast and want to make a significant impact. Are you ready?