Verisign enables the security, stability, and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including providing root zone maintainer services, operating two of the 13 global internet root servers, and providing registration services and authoritative resolution for the .com and .net top-level domains, which support the majority of global e-commerce.
The Technical Project Manager is a very hands-on technical position with high visibility and large levels of cross functional responsibility. As a PM, you should demonstrate superior interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills. You'll ensure open communication across project teams. You will handle broad-based, often complex, communication for internal and/or external audiences. Creates a forum and format for ongoing open communication within functional area or among departments. You’ll plan, schedule, and monitor projects from concept through delivery, organizing cross-team activities that balance both business and technical needs. Business needs can change rapidly, so you’ll need to stay connected with both internal and external dependencies to ensure a high-quality and on-time delivery.
In this role, you will work with engineering, operations and business teams globally to define strategy and requirements for the overall project work. You will own the reporting of health and progress metrics. You will work with the business, scrum masters and technical teams to ensure consistency across the program. The candidate who is right for this position will be able to go beyond the surface of product knowledge, learning the technology and being able to effectively understand and communicate how the product functions. This position will support a technical depth space and will require this level of understanding for the candidate to be successful.
- Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple matrix partners
- Identifies, mitigates, prioritizes, manages, and resolves project issues, constraints, dependencies and risks
- Creates and manages overall plan/roadmap to include all project tasks and dependencies
- Defines and manages to critical program success factors
- Coordinates cross-org team, proactively ensuring that teams are "in sync" in terms of communication, schedules, issues, etc.
- Facilitates decision making with stakeholders, balancing the needs of different constituencies, and facilitating consensus
- Proactively identifies risk areas and critical tasks to keep project on track
- Champions and serves as key contributor of continuous improvement of PM best practices, using innovative ideas to increase effectiveness of organization
- Manages mostly high priority projects in terms of complexity, risk, and/or business criticality while managing multiple projects at a given time, juggling activities, and prioritizing accordingly
- Facilitates resolution of technical issues. Capable of interpreting technical information and presenting/speaking to the information to different audiences (business owner, etc.), conveying the message in a way the audience can understand
- Understands process, recognizing potential issues and consequences of changes during Software Development Lifecycle
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience on large scale software development projects, and program management
- 3+ years of experience directly managing software projects of significant scale and complexity including multiple sub-teams, financial project management, and cross-divisional staff involvement
- Extensive experience in defining and managing project across departments, and teams
- Experience effectively communicating to business leaders, able to work with business, engineering, infrastructure and operations
- A unique combination of business, project management and technical skills
- Ability to provide the right amount of information and insight to business teams
- Possess a deep understanding of technical projects and associated dependencies, able to gauge severity of technical issues
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; motivate teams; resolve conflict; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Comfortable juggling competing priorities and handling ambiguity. Thrives in an agile and fast-paced environment on highly visible projects and initiatives
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively.
- Solid influencing skills with a high level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
- Experience in a customer service organization
Verisign is an equal opportunity employer. That means we recruit, hire, compensate, train, promote, transfer, and administer all terms and conditions of employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected categories under applicable law.
Additionally, Verisign is committed to helping our diverse workforce manage a healthy work-life balance through all stages of their life and career. We offer a dynamic and flexible work environment with highly competitive benefits and robust learning programs. For more information, click on the links below.
Our Careers Page
Our Benefits Summary
Verisign in the Community
Our EEO Statement
Our Privacy Notice for European Job Applicants/Candidates
Staffing agency policy: No fees will be paid for unsolicited resumes submitted to Verisign or our employees by third parties.