Verisign enables the security, stability, and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including providing root zone maintainer services, operating two of the 13 global internet root servers, and providing registration services and authoritative resolution for the .com and .net top-level domains, which support the majority of global e-commerce.
The Senior Technical Project Manager is responsible for taking a global view of our business and opportunities across Verisign, and translates them into a coherent and comprehensive program strategy. Capable of breaking down corporate goals into manageable and executable components that can be scheduled, planned, budgeted and coordinated across the company. This role is recognized as a technical program specialist and is responsible for solving highly complex problems. This role can execute against the strategic direction without prior direction, and lead the highest and most complete workload.
This position plans, manages, advises and prioritizes the Project Management Office's program stream, working with internal customers to implement project framework against their business requirements. This role provides budget analysis, resource allocation and coordination of program activities that may be across functional areas within the organization.
- Advises large-scale, sophisticated programs often involving multiple matrix partners and are company-wide and lead all aspects of the program life cycle and works with matrix partners to supervise all phases of a project
- Takes ownership and has direct influence on teams to execute efforts to a successful outcome
- Identify gaps within ongoing efforts that may exist and provides recommendations for resolution
- Partner with multi-departmental leadership and other partners to locate opportunities and develop and prioritize projects according to relevant measurement criteria
- Responsible for in-direct supervision of project/ managers to ensure that all projects the within IT programs are delivered within the defined scope, quality, time and cost requirements
- Responsible for nurturing, establishing framework and providing direction on the technical program management function to ensure it evolves with industry best practices and standards
- Recommend options & developing alternatives for specific situation
- Provide guidance and support to peers and others in the organization demonstrating experience and knowledge
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years of related experience leading large scale software development projects, preferably in a commercial software development environment
- 6+ years of experience directly managing software projects of significant scale and complexity including multiple sub-teams, financial project management, and cross-divisional staff involvement
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; empower teams; resolve conflict; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Solid influence and negotiation skills
- Sound business and technical acumen.
- Ability to multitask on different projects concurrently and react deftly to movements in the business is critical
- Ability to communicate at all levels with transparency and precision both written and verbally
- Experience or background in Requirements Analysis and/or Consulting
Verisign is an equal opportunity employer. That means we recruit, hire, compensate, train, promote, transfer, and administer all terms and conditions of employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected categories under applicable law.
Additionally, Verisign is committed to helping our diverse workforce manage a healthy work-life balance through all stages of their life and career. We offer a dynamic and flexible work environment with highly competitive benefits and robust learning programs. For more information, click on the links below.
Our Careers Page
Our Benefits Summary
Verisign in the Community
Our EEO Statement
Our Privacy Notice for European Job Applicants/Candidates
Staffing agency policy: No fees will be paid for unsolicited resumes submitted to Verisign or our employees by third parties.