Agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. Offering over 700,000 properties in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts are at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels. We employ more than 2,000 travel professionals of 67 nationalities in 35+ locations around the world. We have our operating headquarters in Bangkok, where our top team resides, and where we have more than 1000 professionals.
The People & Organization Development department was established in 2012 to help this high-growth, multinational company effectively and efficiently attract, assess, reward, excite, and retain its travel professionals. The People team now has close to 50 members who perform a range of core tasks.
The role of Senior Technology Recruiter acts as a talent acquisition specialist contributing to agoda’s success by developing and implementing staffing strategies to identify high-quality, diverse candidates for IT positions throughout the company globally. You will concentrate on active and passive candidate generation for positions across IT.
PLEASE NOTE - THIS ROLE IS BASED IN BANGKOK
Ensure a consistent pan-Asian/European approach to recruitment and selection and proactively partner with business units to ensure the talent acquisition strategy delivers the right candidate at the right time to meet current and future business needs.
Deliver a full range of recruitment services providing a positive and professional experience to both candidates and hiring managers. Establish processes, a multitude of sourcing channels and collaborate on recruitment process improvement projects and initiatives.
Ensuring the recruitment process meets legal and quality requirements, that use of recruitment tools and processes is optimized, and that the business has relevant data on recruitment activity and costs.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Talent Acquisition Strategy:
- Works with department Hiring Managers to understand strategic business objectives and organizational design to proactively develop and implement effective sourcing strategies.
- Gain a full understanding of the businesses by spending time with their teams, attending team meetings.
- Manages the full-cycle recruiting process across the Asian and global organization: identifies focused recruitment campaigns for active and passive candidates to ensure that agoda attracts and retains high-quality diverse talent, conducts post interview debrief meetings to select finalists, makes job offers, negotiates with candidates and closes offers.
- Partner with hiring managers to determine future recruitment requirements and guiding hiring managers through the recruitment process to include requisition approval, best attraction methods, candidate screening and selection.
- Managing a variety of IT roles across various levels from briefing to offer acceptance and beyond.
- Provide value-adding, confident and credible recruitment advice to hiring managers.
- Maintain up to date and relevant knowledge and understanding of the various global employment market(s)
- Understand the talent needs and the knowledge, skills and abilities required by hiring managers and agree sourcing and selection approach
- Understand open recruitment requirements and create appropriate job descriptions and attractive adverts
- Demonstrate creativity in using the right channels and messages to find targeted sources of high quality candidates,
- Create an effective candidate network leveraging social media and technology to locate, engage, and attract prospective candidates
- Develop a pool of qualified active and passive candidates and maintain contact with possible future candidates
- Build effective relationships with employment agencies/networking partners
- Fosters relationships with high potential candidates for future opportunities. Ensures that candidates have a highly positive experience during the agoda recruitment and selection process.
- Drive proactive sourcing plans to attract external talents using direct channels in line with business needs; position specific sourcing strategies, initiatives and programmes including networking/relationship building, internet job boards, social network search, database mining, professional outreach and advanced direct searching techniques.
- Maintain and build relationships with the already established PSLs for various business units, using expertise to judge when to involve these in order to maximize quality and timeliness of the hire.
- Manage external supplier relationships and monitor their effectiveness
- Overseeing any graduate, trainee and other talent attraction programs
- Improve our employer brand in partnership with the HR team
- Review CVs, conduct pre-screening interviews and face to face interviews as required
- Partner with hiring managers in the selection process, where appropriate, attending interviews to support hiring managers
- Conducting interview debriefs at all stages with both hiring managers and candidates to uncover any potential issues, handle objections and pre-close both parties.
- Develop a pool of tools for use; exercises, interview questions, psychometrics… and advise managers on which tools to use for which position
- Responsible for organizing interviews at all stages of the process including diary coordination for interviewers, including assessment center organization/coordination/facilitation.
- Be able to advise on appropriate assessment design using best practice techniques where it is required to deviate from existing practices.
- Liaise with recruitment coordinators on Psychometric Testing administration and report interpretation to provide insight into the selection decision
- Submitting appropriate candidates to the hiring managers outlining relevant experience. Handling any queries the hiring manager may have in relation to the candidate.
- Ensure interview feedback is gathered from hiring managers and recorded in a timely manner, as well as communicated to candidates
- Assess applicant/candidate quality, skills, and fit to identify the best candidate for a position
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong IT recruitment experience - 10 years + or someone from a technical software background who is now interested in moving into recruitment.
- Strong computer skills: Social Media, Linked In, Twitter, Job Boards, applicant tracking systems, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent English both spoken and written.
- Experience of direct sourcing for talent, including interviewing, negotiating and closing offers as well as the ability to support the team in development of these skills
- Demonstrable experience recruiting at all executive levels including senior level recruitment on a global basis
- Self-directed and highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong orientation to quality, continuous improvement and customer service
- Ability to make quality decisions in the face of ambiguity
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the business
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) and consultative skills including the ability to present to internal and external groups,
- Ability to assess talent for the job now and for the future needs of the business.
- Ability to source both active and passive candidates via a multitude of sourcing channels and collaborate on recruitment process improvement projects and initiatives.
- Ability to influence, consult and negotiate at all levels both internal clients and external suppliers
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills; strong time management; attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Process focused, methodical, well-organized with excellent attention to detail
- Confident communicator with ability to cope within a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Results orientated - demonstrate initiative, a strong commitment to achieving meaningful results, and act on opportunities to create value
- Willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and demonstrate flexibility
- Proven direct candidate sourcing and relationship building skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity, stressful and/or confidential situations with ease and professionalism.
- High energy, enthusiasm, passion for recruitment
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates.
Interested candidates can complete this online form
We will contact you if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE, we have a strict PSL in place and we will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Greenhouse portal.
Candidate CV's not submitted through our Greenhouse portal or submitted directly through to managers or HR will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable.
We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.