Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We are looking for a Senior Treasury Manager to lead our Asset Liability Management efforts. This role sits in the Coinbase Treasury team and reports to the Director of Treasury. The right candidate will have a deep understanding of banking and financial markets and experience reviewing banks’ Balance Sheet, surfacing and addressing key financial risks, especially liquidity risk. This leader will have responsibility for the assessment and strategic management of Asset and Liability mismatch risk within the company. This role will also have oversight of Coinbase’s Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) framework and production of risk models and analytics to help address interest rate risk and funding gaps.
You will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, including Credit and Counterparty Risk team, FP&A, Accounting, Tax, Product and Coverage teams as you formulate strategies and funding programs to support their funding needs and launch of their leverage products.
This role reports into the Director of Treasury and provides the candidate a broad view into Coinbase’s entire finance organization. We are looking for a candidate who will be a thought leader on identification and management of financial risk as Coinbase moves to deliver lending solutions and yield generating products for its retail and institutional customers. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers a career development opportunity for the right candidate.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Develop an ALM policy and procedure manual to support management of key balance sheet risks
- Review Coinbase’s fiat and digital asset deposits and recommend liquidity reserves to support launches of lending products / solutions
- Lead the development and quantification of a robust interest rate and liquidity risk measurement processes
- Develop an Asset Liability Management and Fund Transfer Pricing policy to cover the operations of Coinbase Treasury vis-a-vis other internal stakeholders
- Build ALM models to inform FTP and enable measurement of Coinbase Asset Liability gap
- Work with key internal stakeholders to source and price funding for their products and projects
- Analyze key Balance Sheet metrics to identify drivers, trends and risk to inform recommendation on positioning and optimization strategies to the CFO and other senior management in the finance organization
- Produce key inputs and work with stakeholders on formulating business planning and stress testing strategies
- Work closely with the Product team to on-board new business initiatives and products that have ALM impacts.
Assist in interpreting and responding to new regulations that impact the mandate and objectives of Asset Liability Management team within Coinbase Treasury
- Create presentations for discussion with the Board of Directors (when needed), senior management, regulators and other key stakeholders on key industry changes and trends
- Manage and review liquidity requirements relating to the firm's business activities
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Economics, Finance, Math, Accounting or similar quantitative major. Advanced degree in a related area preferred.
- 7 - 10 years of experience in Banking or Financial Services experience specifically in Asset & Liability Management at a global corporate bank
- Strong quantitative skills, comfortable building models, managing large amounts of data, and analyzing the output to identify trends or present solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with good business insight
- Ability to interact, influence and build relationships at all levels of seniority and across all functions within an organization
- Ability to balance strategic focus with tactical implementation, and efficient execution skills
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and form independent judgments and challenge the status quo for better outcomes.
- Efficient in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets and other Microsoft/G-Suite product
Nice to haves:
- MBA , CTP or other professional designation like CFA a plus.
- Experience performing ALM functions in a crypto environment a major plus
- Experience and general interest in the crypto currency and blockchain space a plus
- Experience in SQL, R, Python and experience with Snowflake
- Experience using data visualization tools like Looker and Tableau