TherapyNotes is the national leader in web-based behavioral health practice management and electronic health records software for private practices, psychologists, therapists, counselors, social workers, and psychiatrists. The software as a service solution integrates patient scheduling, medical records, billing and electronic claims to streamline the way mental health professionals manage their practice. Our growing team is located at our brand new, 30,000 square foot corporate headquarters in Horsham, PA.
The Senior User Experience/User Interface (UI/UX) Designer is a member of our Product team and collaborates closely with product owners, business analysts, and developers to create a structured, intuitive experience for our customers. The right candidate will have an eye for clean design, possess superior UI/UX skills, and be able to translate high-level requirements into intuitive and functional user interfaces.
- Responsibilities include gathering input from internal stakeholders and customers to define product direction, visuals, and experience
- Create wire frames, storyboards, user flows, process flows, interaction prototypes, and sitemaps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and ease of use to complex design roadblocks
- Collaborate with business analysts to deliver complete and accurate technical specifications to the development team
- Coordinate project efforts across multiple development and business teams
- Conduct user and competitor research
- Participate in team retrospectives, backlog grooming, and other Agile ceremonies and team meetings
- Coordinate with Product management to triage, plan, and prioritize feature requests, bugs/defects, and other development items reported by TherapyNotes customers
- Propose new projects and/or functionality that aligns with product vision and company goals; promote visibility of overlooked or under-valued projects
- Mentor junior team members
- Willingness to perform other duties as required, and maintain an enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- 8+ years of professional experience (technical and/or healthcare related experience in a regulated environment is preferred)
- 5+ years experience performing software systems design in an Agile development environment
- Expertise in UI/UX mock-up tools such as Balsamiq
- Expertise in accessibility and usability standards
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer and internal business needs, and translate same into well-defined, actionable planning and development projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex design and functionality concepts to business stakeholders, external customers, and technical personnel such as software developers and quality assurance engineers
- Experience designing SaaS/web applications
- Strong plus: experience with an EHR or medical software, particularly around design process formalization to support ONC certification
- Strong plus: understanding of healthcare and medical billing language/jargon (e.g: electronic claims, electronic remittance advice, ePrescribe, HIPAA, CMS-1500)
- Plus: Proficiency in Jira, Confluence, or other collaboration software systems
- Plus: Experience managing and mentoring other designers
TherapyNotes offers careers that provide you with the freedom to do amazing work, interact with great people, and offer fantastic learning and growth opportunities. Our team empowers and challenges each other to learn and solve complex problems. We build and manage web applications with a strong emphasis in healthcare. If you are looking to join a supportive team, use your leadership experience, and build great products, please submit your application.
- Competitive salary
- Comp time and flexible work hours
- Retirement plan with company contribution
- Full health, life, disability, and dental insurance
- Personal development/training budget
- Open, collaborative work environment
- Company provided refreshments
TherapyNotes, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All candidates whom have been given a conditional offer of employment with TherapyNotes, LLC must also undergo a criminal background check.