Our mission is to make work better.
And we hold true to our core values of:
INNOVATION in everything we do.
PASSION & EXCELLENCE in every area.
- Providing individual EMPOWERMENT, INITIATIVE, and OWNERSHIP.
TEAMWORK over ego.
We are a rapidly growing tech startup looking for a UX Designer to join us at our headquarters in South Jordan, Utah. Our flagship product, Lucidchart, has experienced tremendous growth over the last 2 years and now serves more than two million users. We are now looking for a smart, energetic, and organized individual to join the User Experience design team and accelerate the value of our solutions (web app and iOS). Do you love solving product usability problems? Can you champion users as well as balance business needs? Then you’re probably the perfect person to join our team and contribute to the success of Lucid Software.
Skill Requirements and Attitude
- Sound knowledge of core design methods (sketching, wire framing, storyboarding, etc.).
- Sensitivity to design values at a pixel, layout, and interaction level - understanding how they come together to define an experience for our customers.
- Understands deadlines, milestones, and deliverables to effectively anticipate roadblocks and design opportunities.
- Practical knowledge of basic user-research methodologies. Has ability to outline, support, and participate in research activities.
- Ability to describe success metrics for design contribution and have a passion evaluating design solutions with qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Ability to design under different constraints: Thoroughly and exhaustively contributing to long-term strategic projects while positively contributing to last-minute fixes and short-term solutions - sometimes without all the information present to make comfortable design decisions.
- Understanding of consumer software.
- Enjoys technical challenges present in cloud-based applications.
- Passion for learning and a willingness to see the world through someone else’s point of view.
- Design experiences, interactions, and features that improve product value for continued growth and success.
- Understand customer problems, clearly define design solutions, and provide detailed deliverables within Agile/Scrum system constraints.
- Develop partnership with product managers to understand business needs.
- Strengthen design team and help evangelize design within organization.
- Work with business team to improve experience around paywalls, on boarding, and conversion paths.
- Support engineers in translating and implementing your designs.
- 5+ years of UX design experience.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Visual design, marketing communications, human factors, user experience, psychology, computer science, software interface design, web development, or a related field.
Please provide the following materials/links with your online application. Any applications missing the following materials will not be considered for review.
- Portfolio (link or pdf)
- Provide resume (link or pdf)
- Transcript upon request