Data and human connection come together in our mission to bring communities together to collaborate and solve Social Determinants of Health – a career at Signify Community (a subsidiary of Signify Health) is a career with purpose. Our employees are empathic, passionate, confident, innovative change agents who aren’t afraid to take risks and also have fun.
You will have opportunities to learn or expand your backend development skills as well, in addition to learning new front end techniques and tools.
- 6+ years of developing user interface elements
- Experience with the GreenSock animation library is a plus
- Experience with data visualization is a plus
- Deep knowledge to Bootstrap, Foundation, Google Material Design or other pattern libraries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with git and agile development methodologies
- Software Development/Management - Ability to design, write, test, debug/troubleshoot, and maintain the source code of computer programs and to manage and maintain software in an organization.
- Creativity - Demonstrates creativity and innovation in developing solutions to improve organizational, individual, and group outcomes; suggest creative options to handle situations; challenges others to identify creative approaches to problems; creatively illustrates customer processes in a simple, concise, and compelling way.
- Critical Listening - Makes a concerted effort to listen to what people are saying and what they are trying to say; thinks carefully before responding and avoids jumping to conclusions; asks thoughtful questions to elicit more information; maintains positive and supportive demeanor to allow meaningful conversation.
- Project Management - Has knowledge of fundamental PM processes, methodologies, and tools and techniques and ability to adapt them into the organization. The ability to gain influence and respect of stakeholders and management by demonstrating the linkage between the organization’s business goals and the project.
- Technical Prowess/SME - Ability to quickly get to know our products, processes, and business needs to a sufficient level to drive projects, improvements, and enhancements.
- Collaborate with UX, UI, Product Management, Product Owners, and Engineering team members to design and develop software that has a real-world impact
- Take responsibility for particularly complex user interface designs and requirements
- Serve as a mentor and leader for more junior Software Engineers
- Maintain and extend our existing style guide/pattern library
- Contribute to production-level code and assist with integration of style guide components
- Meet with customers and internal teams to learn about their needs and requirements
- Learn the Groovy/Grails environment and contribute to the creation of tag libraries
- Working on a regular basis in the Austin office
- Occasional travel to Dallas, San Antonio, and potentially other cities nationwide
- Frequent remote collaboration with colleagues in other cities
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys working with people to address their needs, and being a partner in achieving good healt
A dynamic culture of "Freedom and Responsibility" which means:
- We believe in horizontal collaboration and not vertical chains of command
- We hire extraordinary colleagues who thrive in an environment based on our Guiding Values
- We honor and recognize when an employee exemplifies one of our Guiding Values
- Variety of health plans to meet the needs of all employees
- 401k match
- 3 day on-boarding sessions giving new hires an opportunity to meet their new colleagues and Signify Community leadership