Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing retail. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to eliminate all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects every returned item to its best home, thereby increasing profitability for retailers, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste. Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Are you empathetic, decisive, and driven by the desire to create superb user experiences? Do you enjoy solving complex problems through great design + collaboration? If so, keep reading.
Joining the team, you will have the opportunity to lead discovery and help develop a new, innovative product for our business solution. Collaborating closely with the team, you will evolve personas, capture requirements, sketch out workflows and interfaces, create prototypes, and present solutions that optimize business performance and user satisfaction.
In a given week, you would...
- Conduct and document research (user interviews, usability tests, personas and user story mapping, etc…) to ensure the audience is central to the solution.
- Create design concepts (sketches, wireframes, sitemaps and task-based flows) that clearly unify audience and business goals.
- Collaborate with your product team (Product, Dev, QA) to communicate context for “Who, why, what, when, and where?” on your solutions and support implementation
- Co-design with a senior designer on the the design team
- Test ideas and rapidly incorporate user feedback into designs.
- Stay connected through tools like Slack, Confluence and JIRA.
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to learning sessions with the design team, sharing your knowledge and help to refine and improve the design team’s process and deliverables.
The perfect candidate has...
- At least 4+ years of digital user-centric design experience.
- A degree in human-computer interaction, design, or commensurate experience.
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates highly functional, creative design solutions, strong layout design, and solid user focused interaction design skills.
- Samples of user-centric research and deliverables (customer interviews, field studies, heuristic evaluations, personas, user stories, or customer journeys, etc)
- Experience with solving for and working on complex workflows.
- A track record of working collaboratively with PM & Dev Leads throughout your design process for entire features or products.
- Ability to embrace giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback and have strong communication skills to explain design decisions.
- Working knowledge of responsive web and native mobile technology (iOS, Android) for phones, tablets, and wearables (a plus).
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, UserTesting, Analytics tools, etc.
- Flexibility and drive to quickly learn new skills to tackle a problem.
- A focus on continued learning; the ideal candidate will improve not only themselves but the teams around him or her.
- Enterprise design experience
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.