SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Senior Designer - Automotive Experience Design role will report to the Director of Automotive Experience Design and will collaborate closely with the overall design team to best support and execute the various product design needs of the SiriusXM User Experience Group. This includes but is not limited to leading design process with respect to the following: Design & UX workshops, concepting, whiteboarding, IA, wireframing, prototyping, competitive benchmarking, visual design and design studies, iconography, screen mocking, animations, annotations/documentation, design validation, user testing etc. The Senior Designer will also collaborate and partner closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Automotive Partners and other corporate stakeholders to clearly communicate and document the vision of the User Experience Group regarding our Automotive Programs so that it can then be implemented by internal and external engineering teams. All work will be done using an iterative, agile-development, methodology, but with a focus on documentation to better interface with the waterfall Automotive Partner programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with internal & external stakeholders, and user experience group team members to efficiently design and develop features and functions for automotive programs
- Leads workshops with internal & external stakeholders to understand the UI framework for each automotive partners, and discuss SiriusXM features and how they can be designed appropriately within the UI framework.
- Lead presentation of design decisions & process to stakeholders with rationale and potential alternatives for any given automotive program.
- Create UX/VX prototypes/animations at all levels of fidelity which are suitable for demonstrations (to illustrate key concepts) and for user testing.
- Optimize both visual design & user experiences through A/B user testing, & stakeholder input.
- Document both UX&VX design experiences in a clear and detailed manner, both for engineering consumption as well as executive-level summaries and Automotive Partner Consumption.
- Create, Crop, Re-Size, Re-Color, etc various assets and design comps for appropriate consumption by engineering / stakeholder teams.
- Respond to engineering, product, and other internal stakeholder requests for clarification/alteration in a timely manner.
- Maintains knowledge of industry-wide changes in automotive design philosophy and new tools/ technologies used by automotive partners for design & HMI.
- Remain well-versed in UI standards, key-platform HIGs, NHTSA and Driver Distraction Guidelines, and emerging trends both in the Automotive Industry as well as within Digital UX and Design industry.
- Develops and drives industry best practices and company conventions to develop engaging automotive user experiences using the latest design trends while taking into account driver safety guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Design or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience within the UX & Design industry using demonstrable user experience design processes in a business setting (requirements gathering through delivery of testable prototypes);
- Proficiency with Sketch
- Proficiency with Adobe graphic design suite including XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign etc
- Extensive experience create visual design comps and UX wireframes, including the creation of all production-ready assets and specifications for development
- Extensive experience with prototyping tools & video-editing/animation tools for illustrating design concepts.
- Experience with new interaction technologies, not limited to voice, touch, hardware controlled, and multi-modal user interface design.
- Experience with usability testing and other qualitative & quantitative testing, including experience using both online and in-person methodologies
- Experience with both responsive and adaptive design & UX
- Experience with mobile application design and user experience
- Experience with in-vehicle design, and NHTSA guidelines.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Outstanding ability to identify and communicate both business and user goals and tasks
- Ability to provide accurately and timely reports on the status of assigned projects and escalate potential issues that could impact delivery schedules
- Ability to effectively communicate technical requirements of the design to the development team
- Solid understanding of Agile workflows
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire/ability to quickly learn new tools and new testing methodologies;
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Expert knowledge of Sketch
- Expert knowledge of Adobe graphic design suite including XD, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Expert knowledge of Style Guide tools such as Zeplin, InVision etc
- Expert knowledge of various interaction & design prototyping tools such as Adopbe XD, InVision, Proto.io, Marvel etc
- Expert knowledge of at least one user flow charting/planning tool (Omnigraffle, Visio, Sketch etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile processes and related project management tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.