What we’re looking for
We are hiring a Frontend Developer, Visual Designer & UX expert to lead the design, creation and experimentation of new service concepts, and provide expert consultancy to our ventures, bringing to life UX and design solutions that enhance our product and delight our customers.
Working as part of our technical team, you’ll be our Front-end Developer and UX Design expert-in-residence. With your brilliant understanding of user-centred app and web design principles, you’ll work to improve our services through clever and beautiful design. As part of Jaguar Land Rover, design matters to us. It’s part of who we are and the great experiences we deliver to our customers. We want our apps and services to be as compelling to look at, interact with and use as a Jaguar or Land Rover vehicle. That’s some challenge!
You’re passionate about the whole design process, from technical architecture to user psychology, A/B testing, UX best practices to beautiful UI. You’ll take ownership of design features and work in the Lab with our product leaders to create user flows and wireframe out ideas, bringing them to life with your own visual design, to then help them test new ideas, business models and value propositions.
You’ll work closely with the rest of the technical team, to engineer and develop prototypes and use customer validated learning to shape and develop the product concept. You’ll set the benchmark for all other designers to follow, to develop our design and UX DNA, which then all our ventures will follow.
You’ll develop and implement a blueprint across a range of ventures. You’ll work closely to support their development, overseeing the direction and implementation of your blueprint to ensure that products are intuitive and engaging, delivered to the highest quality.
What the role will have to deliver
Work across the InMotion innovation and product lifecycle from idea to concept to delivery as lead UX expert
- Support JLR cultural change and broader design-thinking transformation
- Create a positive design and user culture and collaborative environment
- Research and adopt new design thinking, methods, tools and approaches
- Lead, mentor and develop others in the team and across the ventures
Support the idea generation process to develop service ideas
- Employ design thinking to understand the customer and their problems
- Work with Product Leaders to develop and mature service concepts
- Review key user problems and assist in generating solutions
Work in internal sprint teams to test and experiment with concepts
- Build MVPs and prototypes to generate customer validated learning
- Build wireframes and working prototypes to prove design concepts
- Develop product designs iteratively, responding to A/B testing
- Produce clear, logical stories and acceptance criteria to developers to build designs accurately
- Produce designs that adapt gracefully to different screen sizes across mobile platforms (Android, iOS)
Create and define the InMotion UX guidelines for venture use
- Lead the definition of the InMotion UX and design playbook
- Develop UX, design principles for intuitive digital experiences
- Test user flows for web and apps developed by the ventures
- Design product features and enhancements as required
Work across all ventures in the Incubator to mature the UX concept
- Act as lead Front-end and UX consultant, advisor and guide ventures in Accelerator
- Support Venture Partners with technical expertise as required
- Measure and track the UX delivery, ensure learning is capture and deployed
- Contributing to production code that implements proposed design solutions
Design product features and enhancements for technical platform components
- Contribute to production code to deliver proposed design solutions
- Identify new ideas/business opportunities and feedback into the Lab
This job has been filled or removed by InMotion.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Senior UX Designer / Front-End Developer job post.✕