Granicus is the leading provider of citizen engagement technologies and services for the public sector, bringing governments closer to the people they serve with the first-and-only Civic Engagement Platform. Granicus works with more than 5,500 government organizations and connects more than 280 million people in the largest Citizen Subscriber Network of its kind.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will join our growing cross-functional UX team and help shape the end-to-end product experience for our users. An influential member of the Granicus Product Design team, you harmonize the ecosystems of data-driven decision-making, human-centered design, and agile software development. Your insights inform future iterations, and you identify new opportunities for innovation and refinement. In this role, you work closely and collaboratively with product managers, product owners, product designers, developers, and QA testers to create, test, and ship market-leading improvements to our robust & complex family of government technology products.
The role reports directly to our Senior Manager, Product Design and will form part of a high-performing team which acts as a central UX resource across our business, from research and design to detail-oriented workshopping and big-picture strategy. This team drives high-level discussions about the overall experience of our users and works to advance our understanding of user workflows within the products. In addition to partnering with UX researchers and other product designers to coordinate ongoing research and design system projects, you provide UX design artifacts including journey maps, flowcharts, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
A successful candidate is innately curious about what it’s like to be person who uses our products, rallies behind our product vision, supports our design system, and helps us grow the organization’s UX maturity by educating and empowering others to frame decision-making through the lens of our user, to provide expectation-exceeding outcomes.
Previous experience working for a SaaS platform where you worked in a UX team is highly desirable. Self-directed and a very high attention to detail is a must.
What You'll Do:
- Identify and gather necessary product analytics to inform your design choices
- Check impacts of your designs by planning & conducting appropriate methods of usability testing
- Host and participate solution workshops with internal teams to synthesize research findings into deliverable product outcomes
- Create user personas and journey maps
- Reference research findings to constantly advocate for our user’s needs, goals, and motivations
- Use Figma to create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to demonstrate ideal user journeys & interactions
- Ensure your designs are WCAG 2.1 compliant
- Take ownership of our products’ UI styles
- Create components and documentation for our design systems
- Champion our design systems while improving them
- Understand our business requirements and product vision
- Be the designer in your product delivery team: working with engineers, a product manager, and a product owner to collaborate and iterate within an agile team
- Work collaboratively with product managers to identify the need for, estimate and design research, usability testing and rapid prototyping
- Collaborate on product releases with Product Management, CX, Marketing and internal stakeholders
- Use product metrics to define and measure key result
Who You Are:
- Empathic – You listen beyond a user’s words and actions to uncover the story of what it’s like to be a person who uses our platform.
- Analytical – You can synthesize a variety of data-points into tangible insights and recommendations.
- Collaborative – You advocate for data-driven decision making in solution-oriented discussions not only with other designers, but also with with executives, product managers, and developers. You are comfortable presenting this information in a meaningful way to each of these audiences.
- Methodical – People notice your extraordinary ability to attend to details, and you can span that skill across complex and overlapping projects, while meeting deadlines with limited supervision
- Planner – You create time-based plans with actionable steps towards an end point.
- Iterative – While it’s nice to have a plan, you check back frequently to adjust with new learnings or as conditions change
Other Required Skills
- At least 5 years experience in UX Design for a complex SaaS product
- Post-Secondary education in HCI, Design, or related field
- Proficiency in design & prototyping tools (Figma, Miro, or similar)
- Experience with usage-analytics tools (Pendo, Google Analytics)
- Experience with Accessibility compliance requirements
- Familiarity with Design Systems
- Understanding of other UX considerations, including Information Architecture, Interaction Design, and Visual Design
- Confidence to respectfully advocate for our user and support your points with data, even when easier solutions exist
- Willingness to consider others’ perspectives and provide alternative or iterative approaches towards a common goal
- Curiosity and genuine interest in human beings
NOTE: Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Salary range between $75,000 - $85,000 + bonus
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer-paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office-based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.