JOIN AN AGENCY THAT’S GOING PLACES
Pancentric is a strategy-led digital agency. We combine innovation consultancy (using Design Thinking methods) with digital delivery capabilities to help clients create compelling 21st century service experiences. Whilst we work across all sectors, we have a strong footprint in insurance with specialist solutions for e-commerce to enable product development, rapid revenue growth and lower servicing costs. We’re growing, we’re award winning and we have a progressive culture that encourages individuals to take initiative for the good of their own development, the wider team and the clients and markets we serve.
SMALL AGILE TEAM - MAKE AN IMPACT
We’re a small, agile, talented design team that loves what we do - always striving for excellence in our output, falling in love with client challenges, aiming to make end-customers’ lives better through great design. You’ll be the senior designer in the team - our design champion. You’ll need to be confident in your approach; left and right brained, creative but structured, an excellent collaborator, strong communication skills. You’ll have a natural flair for visual and functional design and good digital production experience. Importantly, you will have a strong passion for - and grounding in - customer-led design research, ideally with experience in Design Thinking techniques or similar. We have an existing toolkit of techniques that can be built upon. Experience of developing design solutions for large corporates/brands is important.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
- Interpreting client briefsPitching to clients, supporting early stage sales meetings
- Running collaborative workshops and research (interviews etc.) with clients and end-customers
- Interpreting research - teasing out insights, clear/structured playback to stakeholders
- Design team and wider stakeholder collaboration - big feature of the roleWriting right-size user stories, storyboarding, customer journey maps, architecting digital assets - experience in producing these types of assets is important
- Concepting and direction of design schemes
- Direction of digital design and production
- Hands-on design work - it’s a small team so this will be required
- Day to day mentoring of your design colleagues
- Representing design in Agency Delivery planning sessions
- Close collaboration with other disciplines - tech, QA, delivery management etc.
- Involvement in wider Agency directional strategy and marketing activities
- Blogging and talking about what we do - if you’re up for it!
TALENTS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ambitious - on the way up, looking to make an impact
- Someone that can nail the role above
- Confident, excellent collaborator, strong communication skills.
- All-rounder - flair for progressive UI, experienced in UXD.
- Strong understanding of human-centred design and how to achieve
- Enjoy the planning & delivery of iterative design - from research to production to live & beyond
- Left and right brained - able to rationalise insights, ideas and systems - sell to stakeholders
- Hands-on if you need to be - can produce top design deliverables with your eyes closed (sketches, wireframes, prototypes, flows, interfaces. concepts)
- Good experience of digital channels - different platforms, responsive web builds
- Proficient in Sketch, Axure, Photoshop, Invision 5 years+ in design, ideally agency side
- Thrive on the latest design trends and look for opportunities to apply
EXTRAS WE’D BE IMPRESSED WITH
- Understanding of Design Thinking tools & processes
- Experience planning and facilitating design sprints
- Experience with service, innovation or transformational design projects Interpretative/analytical skills for insight driven research analysis
- Experience working content strategy alongside UX
- Experience managing a team of designers
- Experience working on Agile projectsMotion skills - they’re always a bonus
- Working with us :-)
- Great location - just off Bermondsey High Street
- Competitive remuneration, depending on experience
- 22 days holiday per year + office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Birthday day off
- Discretionary leave early Fridays
- Flexi time around core hours
- Training budgetPension scheme with matched company contributions
- Season travel ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fruit, soft drinks, tea & coffee - what you’d expect
- Fully stocked bar, open 5pm - daily