Location: Unit 11 Merchants Way, Wheatley Hall Road, Doncaster, DN2 4BH
Salary: £26,000 - £33,000 depending on experience plus annual bonus and benefits.
- Hours 42 Hours p/week - 5 days out of 7 MON - SUN *ROTA
** ROTA: 08:30-17:30 MON-FRI / 08:30-17:30 Every other SAT (Day off in lieu when working SATs) / 10:00-18:00 SUN (Day Rate Overtime £ OR Day off in lieu when working SUN) **
Cazoo is becoming one of the largest digital used car retailers in the UK and as we develop our footprint we need proven Technicians to join us and that is where you come in! We’re looking for smart, experienced and enthusiastic Senior Vehicle Technicians, to join Cazoo Doncaster at the very beginning of our journey!
We aim to make buying a car, no different to buying any other product online today. We are looking for a Senior Vehicle Technician (Senior Service Specialist) that can develop our service function within our customer collection centre to ensure the quality of vehicles are in-line with our rigorous retail standards.
This exciting opportunity will be a hands-on role, preparing and repairing quality used vehicles; whilst also leading a small technical team. You will be an experienced Technician,with strong diagnosis skills, and the right mindset and cultural fit to become part of a fast-paced, customer obsessed organisation that will transform automotive retailing in the UK!
What you’ll be doing…
- Confirming rectification work is completed in alignment with the four eyes principle of QA.
- Continuously developing your knowledge of the latest repair and inspection techniques.
- Provide leadership in the workshop and impart knowledge onto other technicians
- Planning rotas and ensuring sufficient cover to react to pre-post sale concerns.
- Ensuring pre or post sale rectification work is quickly identified and repaired.
- Advising on best methods of repair in consultation with the Service Manager.
- Ensure reporting reflects accurate resource application and service loading.
- Carrying out servicing and general repairs such as: clutches, cam belts etc.
- Ensuring all consumables and parts ordered are logged against job cards.
- Tracking productivity and efficiency via the garage management system.
- Efficiently diagnose faults and ensure underlying problems are resolved.
- Always striving to achieve first time diagnosis and repair (first time fix).
- Regularly auditing inbound vehicles to minimise transporter damage.
- Planning MOT Testing & servicing workloads across a 7 day a week.
- Diagnosing and repairing turbo, EGR, and emission system faults.
- Providing repairs and diagnostics to a wide variety of vehicles.
- Identifying opportunities to reducing costs where applicable.
- Complying to Health & Safety policies i.e. LOLA & COSHH.
- Consistently identifying new ways to improve efficiency.
- Delivering excellent customer service at all times.
- QC other technicians work to ensure first time fix.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Ability to national manage supplier relationships / build local supplier relationships & inventory
- Previous: Mechanic, Service Technician, Vehicle Technician, or MOT Testing experience.
- Garage management systems including VHC & Inspection Programmes
- Willingness to travel (Clean driving licence required)
- Advanced vehicle diagnosis & repair experience.
- NVQ or City & Guilds Level 3 (or equivalent).
- Current MOT licence highly desirable.
- Team leadership experience.
33 Days Holiday (Inc English bank/public holidays) AND an extra day for your Birthday!
- FREE Calm app subscription (usually £74.99)
Contributory Pension (Up to 5% matched).
- Discretionary BIG Milestones BONUS!
- £500 Employee Referral Bonus!
£100 Annual Wellbeing Fund.
Critical Illness Insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Health Care Scheme.
- Help to buy Car Loan.
- Optical Costs.
Founded in 2018, Cazoo is backed by leading investors and has a highly experienced team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.