*** Candidates must provide a link to their professional demo reel to be considered ***
At LinkedIn Editorial, the Senior Video Editor works independently and with other editors to edit Editorial video content, ensuring that they are of the highest quality and are released to our members in a timely and efficient manner utilizing expertise in Premiere Pro as well as experience with audio enhancement, video compositing, color correction, and compression software. The Senior Video Editor will also support the Director of Photography on studio and location shoots as requested.
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
Prepare and edit footage (screencap/live action/multi-camera/B-roll/4k) of varying complexities. Integrate overlays, graphics, and music as applicable while ensuring the highest quality editing standards and optimum end-user experience.
- Perform color grading and audio mixing on videos.
- Manage the file-based media workflow for location and studio shoots from removable storage media and direct-to-disk capture, checking samples, and file management from production through the post production process.
- Maintain video production schedule and monitor progress of tasks and multiple projects to ensure content is edited and released in a timely and efficient manner according to the deadlines laid out by Director of Photography and the Managing Editor for Editorial Video.
Collaborate and communicate clearly with key stakeholders (producer, director, audio engineer, graphics team) to maintain best practices for media workflow for prep, production, post and archiving.
- Develop a solid foundation for thinking and working with unconventional editorial structures and non-linear story-telling formats, (i.e., field interviews, short-form documentaries, promos, sizzle reels, etc.).
- Work with key stakeholders on post-production issues, such as data storage, data transfer, etc.
- Provide support to the Director of Photography to set up studio and field shoots.
- Operate cameras when required for shoots under direction of Director of Photography.
- Work closely with Compression Team to optimize compression settings for video delivery.
- Innovate and think “outside the box” on a creative and technical level.
- Actively maintain awareness and education of the latest trends and techniques related to post production.
- Evaluate productivity and communicate strengths and weaknesses to effectively identify areas of growth and improvement.
- Assess and resolve technical and creative issues methodically.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- A minimum of 4 years professional video editing experience, with 3 years of using Premiere Pro and working knowledge of post-production applications such as After Effects, Audition and Photoshop.
- Minimum 2 years of experience using audio and video compression techniques, utilizing software such as Adobe’s Media Encoder and/or Apple’s Compressor.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Video, Film, or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Provide a professional reel of previous work
- Knowledge of currently available video editing software and hardware
- Must have working knowledge of 4K workflow and standards.
- A thorough understanding of system storage media, including its benefits and limitations in production and post-production workflows.
- Experience taking video productions from pre-production through distribution.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or issues.
- Able to make sound editing decisions and apply good judgment to create a coherent and effective end product.
- Demonstrate strong and fluent editorial techniques through proper timing, pacing, organization, and asset management within a timeline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and action oriented
- Strong project and time management capabilities within a fast paced, high productivity environment
- Strong Mac computer skills including troubleshooting and basic networking knowledge.
- Ability to work and communicate within a team structure while able to work independently with minimal supervision.