Brit + Co is looking an amazing storyteller, visionary and a prominent voice and talent to represent Brit + Co. We're looking for a Senior Video Editor & Host who is both a content creator, organizer, star and someone who will create viral and engaging content. The Senior Video Editor & Host will have an incredible on-camera presence and the ability to coach others on the broader team when s/he is on-camera. This is a exciting, hybrid role- part video journalist, part producer, part host, part reporter and much more. Ideally based in Brit + Co's headquarters the Senior Video Editor & Host will also work on ideating sponsored content across our various new video platforms, including Snapchat Story, Facebook Live and others.
- Own and manage the editorial arm of Brit + Co's video department.
- Generate consistently awesome ideas for weekly video content in the areas of celebrity news, pop culture, trending topics in food, entertainment, tech and covering live events such as SXSW, CES, music festivals, etc.
- Build and lead a team of freelance camera ops, reporters and producers in the acquisition, selection, editing, publishing and distribution of live and on-demand video content.
- Conduct interviews with celebrities and influencers both off and on-camera.
- Work with Editorial Team’s Editors and Writers to develop stories and series for video content.
- Assist producers and editors in the editing process to create fun, entertaining, informative editorially-driven videos for various platforms.
- Coordinate with Managing Editor on coverage planning and scheduling.
- Assist with training and onboarding of new hires.
- A reel with on- and off-camera work represented (please include in application).
- Experienced and comfortable interviewing and interacting with celebrities and VIP’s
- Minimum five years of experience field & story producing.
- Good grasp of the fundamentals of a good video story and knowing how to capture those ingredients in the field including interviews, standups, b-roll, etc.
- Excellent script writing skills and editorial judgment.
- Superior eye for spotting interesting stories and people.
- A rock star collaborator and team player with excellent communication skills for liaising with other teams and upper management.
- Passion for current events, national politics and pop culture.
- Extensive knowledge of non-traditional TV and social media platforms.
- Strong organizational skills and strong work ethic.
- Excellent time management skills.