The Design Team at FiveStars is seeking a senior-level visual designer to join our team. You will help lead design innovation and process for our exciting, evolving product ecosystem!
What you'll be doing:
- You will facilitate high-level strategic decisions through brainstorming and user research
- You will collaborate cross-functionally to understand business requirements and develop solutions
- You will design products from discovery and brainstorming through iterative development and delivery
- You will advocate a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice across our product ecosystem
- You will communicate the user experience throughout the design process by crafting compelling designs and concepts
- You will rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working application
- You will occasionally eat a piece of pizza or two or six
- Degree or certificate in design, psychology, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in visual design
- Portfolio of design work that demonstrates design thinking and team collaboration, including demonstrated expertise with cross-platform, cross-device, and cross-persona design problems
- Demonstrated design leadership and communication abilities with cross-functional and multi-functional teams
- Ability to develop creative approaches to solving complex user experience problems and to convey ideas in a tangible and effective format
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and prioritize end users’ needs and desires, and to effectively transform this analysis into visual solutions
FiveStars is a rewards and marketing platform for local businesses and the communities they serve. Over 12,000 businesses across the US and Canada use FiveStars’ easy, all-in-one marketing program, and over 18 million consumers participate in the FiveStars rewards network to support local businesses. In 2016, FiveStars drove over 54 million in-store visits across its network. We have raised $105 million from top-tier investors including HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator. Based in San Francisco, FiveStars’ mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship.
FiveStars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.