Who are we?
We hire those that seek to innovate across people, process and technology. Join our global workforce, visualise the future and strive for success. Our engineering campus and corporate offices in the UK and US are optimal environments for ideas and innovation to flourish.
ALL.SPACE, formerly Isotropic Systems, has developed the 5th generation smart terminal, capable of linking with all satellites, all networks, in all orbits, all at once. Our ground-breaking software-defined service enablement platform integrates intelligent routing, edge computing and on-demand services to deliver unprecedented network resilience and application performance. Whether you're on land, sea or air, we ensure that you stay connected.
Visit www.all.space to learn more.
The Senior VSAT System Engineer & Tech Lead is an important strategic role in ALL,SPACE and will be the technical lead to drive US Government programs to a successful conclusion, guiding the teams to achieve and exceed clearly defined business and technical goals, and developing strategies, whilst working across the US Government program team and UK Software Teams so we are aligned to schedule, cost and mitigate risk.
As part of this position, the individual will support ALL.SPACE into the next phase of our corporate growth strategy to successfully execute complex system engineering activity with the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other U.S. Civilian and Federal Government business by way of thorough planning, prioritization, risk mitigation, status reporting and good management practices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Senior VSAT Systems Engineer will be the main point of contact and technical lead on specific USG programs.
- This is hands-on role and the successful candidate is expected to bring a high degree of creativity and problem solving capability across a wide range of subject areas to develop and deliver customized solutions to challenging DoD requirements.
- While experience in software development is the highest priority, your tasks will range across multiple disciplines including mechanical, RF, digital, and software/hardware testing.
- Successful candidate will contribute to the development of ALL.SPACE’s electronically steered satellite ground terminals for mobility and non-geosynchronous orbit (NGSO) applications.
- The position will report to the Director of Systems and dotted line into the US Government Program team and will collaborate closely with other ALL.SPACE Engineering teams to implement the necessary software to meet product requirements.
- This role will contribute to the high-level architecture and design of high-reliability, secure applications as well as hands on development and implementation.
- The candidate must have a good understanding of software architecture and engineering best practices across various languages, platforms and applications.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have / or have the ability to obtain, a U.S. Gvt Security Clearance (Secret or Top Secret level).
- Candidate must have a BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical, Systems, or related Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years minimum experience in the development of satellite and/or terrestrial communication systems for the DoD.
- Knowledgeable in multiple programming languages, and capable of switching to new applications, or platforms easily.
- Capable of rapidly becoming productive in new areas, applications and environments.
- Comfortable working all levels of software design, including requirements, architecture, coding, automation, testing and debugging.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical information during customer presentations, presentations to program leadership and interfacing with program partners, both technical and non-technical groups
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated, with the ability to complete work with minimal supervision
- High-performance in a fast moving set up environment.
- Effective, enthusiastic team player with a demonstrated ability to partner across boundaries of function, rank and other differences.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Strong cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time (mainly CONUS travel).
- Generous stock options
- Annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Public holidays
- Travel to work schemes
- Fruit, snacks & drinks
- Discounts platform
- Well-being centre