AccuWeather's Web API serves over 13 billion data requests per day to clients and end users all over the globe. You will be working closely with Development and Quality Assurance teams to provide Technical Support for the growth, technological evolution, and maintenance of all AccuWeather Web servers, their software and related technologies along with Tier 3 user support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Remains on-call for critical system problems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot MS Windows Server 2012 R2/2016 in a large scale server environment.
- Assist with configuration and administration of IIS, DNS, SQL Server 2012/2016, WSUS, F5 BIG-IP Load balancing and Active Directory.
- Provide support for Microsoft Azure and Amazon Cloud services.
- Provide Tier 3 Customer/User Technical Support.
- Coordinates resolution of identified system problems and works with Technical Support team, vendors and development team to resolve.
- Proactively identifies and spearheads resolution to operational support issues and works closely with Development and QA to ensure end-to-end quality.
- Assists with the implementation of new technologies in coordination with other staff members.
- Works closely with Network Engineer and other members of the Web Server Administrator team to resolve technical support issues within the production environment.
- Work with Technical writers to develop system diagrams and documentation in order to help with troubleshooting efforts.
- Provide consistent and up-to-date information to upper level management and our project management team, regarding the operation and status of assigned areas of responsibility.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Experience and troubleshooting skills with various operating systems, including MS Windows Server 2012 R2/2016 in a large scale server environment.
- Experience with Big Data: ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Hadoop
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Cloud Services.
- Experience with MongoDB (including Sharing, Scaling, Indexing, Analysis, MMS), memcached and Redis.
- Experience with Log Analytics, Varnish and NGINX.
- Working knowledge of RedHat Linux/UNIX.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and associated applications.
- Configuring and administering IIS: 6.0,7.0,7.5,8.0,8.5, DNS, SQL Server 2012/2016, WSUS, F5 Big IP Load balancing and Windows Active Directory.
- MS Windows Clustering, SAN technology, Internet and networking protocols.
- Familiarity with JIRA issue tracking system.
- File serving, backup fundamentals and best-practices.
- Project Managements skills required.
- Programming knowledge and debugging ability.
- Exceptional telephone and one-on-one customer skills.
- Working knowledge of AccuWeather products and systems.
- Ability to consistently build and maintain strong working relationships with representatives from other departments.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, both communicating technical issues and resolving them.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.