Eventbrite has built its business on empowering event creators with solutions to enable their success.
In the process, we have touched millions of event creators and consumers, helping them get together, explore their interests, and pursue their passions through live experiences. Now, we’re embarking on a journey to make our platform even more powerful and intuitive for our most valuable creators. Helping to acquire new, valuable creators through scalable, data-driven methods is a critical part of Eventbrite’s success.
One of our core acquisition channels is Organic Search. To help us deliver on this ambitious vision, we are on the hunt for an energetic Search Marketer who is proficient in SEO, puts the customer first, is passionate about user experience and lives and breathes data to make decisions.
As one of the most trafficked ticketing and events sites on the Internet, the SEO team’s charter is to make Eventbrite the most visible brand in the search for all relevant queries, and in doing so, drive substantial customer and revenue growth for our business. Leveraging Eventbrite’s 96 Domain Authority, this is a unique opportunity for a world-class search marketing professional to work directly with our team of SEO engineers to dramatically grow search traffic, and to directly impact Eventbrite’s overall business growth and bottom-line. From event-goers searching for “San Francisco events” to event organizers looking to “sell tickets online,” there are millions of queries to optimize around and a massive amount of search volume to capitalize on that can positively impact Eventbrite’s already strong growth trajectory.
You’ll be joining a global team of experienced and talented Growth Marketers who are focused on building a product that empowers and enables users to create and attend great live experiences. We are passionate about events, motivated, collaborative, and a fun-loving team responsible for a high-growth, global business.
The Growth team works to manage, execute and optimize marketing channels with the goal of driving global customer acquisition in a profitable way. This also involves working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders (Marketing, Product, Engineering, Design) to continuously optimize performance.
We are seeking a highly quantitative, data-driven SEO analyst to help support and grow our customer acquisition efforts (B2B and B2C), exploring, evaluating, and testing new opportunities to efficiently acquire customers and help grow the overall business.
You will work with our Senior SEO Manager to develop our Search Engine Optimization strategy and ensure effective implementation of the highest impact SEO opportunities. You will contribute to our current and future strategy by analyzing and evaluating the top SEO opportunities to pursue, both domestically and internationally, and prioritize within a broader strategy based on an effort-to-impact ratio in order to maximize results.
You’ll partner cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to implement these opportunities. You’ll also manage SEO analytics tools and reporting. You’ll partner with the Marketing, Content and Demand Generation teams to ensure that our SEO strategy and our content strategy are intimately tied, and keep a constant pulse on the latest SEO trends as they relate to our business.
- Research the relevant keyword universe and prioritize which categories/classes of keywords Eventbrite should pursue based on external search-demand + internal business objectives
- Make recommendations based on data-driven insights
- Participate in ideation around new product development, and how we can build the right features and landing pages with SEO in mind up-front, vs. having to retrofit for SEO later
- Work on our current database of keywords and look for trends, react when unexpected changes occur, and otherwise maintain an organized pool of keywords for all global TLDs
- Monitor SEO health via Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, and related software & reporting tools
- Conduct ad hoc and ongoing analyses, build reporting dashboards and regularly report/communicate SEO’s business impact and progress to internal teams
- Research the keyword landscape and surface high volume, high-value topics that the writing team can build content around
- Consult on major content pieces, where SEO is important to its success
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication
- Look for and execute technical and on-page improvements that can help the website grow its organic traffic base
- Follow all of the important search updates to ensure we are proactively staying ahead of algorithm changes, as opposed to reacting to them
- Participate in the enterprise SEO community on and offline as to stay “in the know” on tactics that are working for other big brands that are not often publicly shared
THE SKILL SET
- 3+ years SEO experience ideally in both B2B and large-scale, complex B2C/consumer businesses. You have a proven track record of driving outstanding business results through SEO for even the most complex global sites
- Fantastic communicator and cross-functional team player, with a proven track record of friendly and efficient cross-functional communication, alignment, coordination. You will have effectively worked beside, collaborated with, and influence everyone from engineers to product managers to marketers, spanning all levels and areas of the organization
- Tech & web-savvy with a strong technical skill set. Existing knowledge of technical SEO, SQL, and HTML is a big bonus
- You enjoy working with data and have experience with web and SEO analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, Google/Bing Webmaster Tools, Screaming Frog, and rank monitoring software. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are also highly desired (vlookups, pivot tables, if statements, etc)
- Speaking English is a must, most of your interactions will happen in that language
- Prior experience working on SEO for large-scale marketplace or e-commerce/travel-type businesses
- Startup experience
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
- Content generation capabilities
- Previous UX or copywriting experiences are a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it's an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
Is this role not an exact fit?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.