Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the SEO Lead for Brooks, you’ll oversee all inbound organic traffic growth levers (SEO, UGC and ratings & reviews) and will be responsible for developing, managing and executing an SEO strategy for BrooksRunning.com
). Your main focus will be driving organic acquisition and supporting paid search efforts through content. You will oversee the creation of search-driven content by internal and external partners.
- Lead search engine optimization (SEO) efforts and serve as the in-house organic search expert.
- Build an in-house SEO practice, including internal processes and a RACI to define roles and ways of working between eCommerce, SEO, SEM and digital content with respect to SEO and search-driven content.
- Develop a comprehensive SEO strategy and content plans to support our SEO strategy.
- Partner with the eCommerce team to ensure the search content strategy aligns to and supports overall eCommerce objectives and needs.
- Partner closely with agencies and the Brooks Creative Studio to create content for SEO and SEM
- Audit and optimize existing BR.com content to ensure it meets SEO best practices.
- Supervise (including hiring, goal setting, performance review, team culture, etc.) and support the career development of the SEO Content Specialist to ensure job satisfaction and retention.
- Oversee our search agency in the development of technical recommendations to support search efforts; partners with the Brooks eCommerce team and Digital Products team to implement recommendations.
- Own the SEO KPI framework and performance reporting. Leverage data and analytics to identify opportunities for optimizations and future content planning.
- Manage our SEO agency’s execution of our SEO strategy and co-manage (with the Digital Paid Media team) the overall search agency contract and relationship.
- Research and analyze YouTube search keywords and data to identify video content opportunities. Partner with the Editorial Content team to develop content against the opportunity areas.
- Support Editorial Content Team through the review and optimization of all editorial content to support search, including supplying of meta data
- Stay up-to-date on the latest SEO best practices, incorporate that knowledge in the content and share that knowledge with key internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Media, Digital Marketing or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience of direct SEO experience
- 2+ years’ of people management
- Experience with YouTube keyword research and search-driven video content
- Experience managing outside partners and vendors
- Experience with SEO tools, such as: Screaming Frog, SEM Rush, Moz, and TubeBuddy
- Experience working cross-functionally with copywriters, designers, and developers to ensure SEO best practices are embedded in all digital initiatives
- HTML and CSS familiarity is a plus
- Experience with SEO copywriting is a plus.
- Experience with technical SEO preferred but not required.
- Strong critical-thinking skills with proven problem-solving expertise to drive growth, acquisition and conversion
- Superior collaborator and communicator
- Possesses organizational skills to work in a deadline-driven, detail-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
- Outstanding ability to think creatively to identify and resolve problems
- Experience creating and implementing search-driven content
- Experience with Adobe Analytics
- Extremely proficient in core Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.