CrowdDigital is looking for a motivated and experienced SEO Specialist to join our Digital Marketing team. Do you love Search Engine Optimization and Digital Marketing? Are you passionate about diving into the details with keyword research and creating compelling SEO reports for clients? Are you excited about collaborating directly with clients to supercharge their SEO rankings? If so this position is for you!
CrowdDigital is an agile Growth Marketing agency based in Toronto. We’re a division of Crowdlinker, an 8-year-old, 25-person digital studio, serving large startups like Freshbooks, League, and TopHat, as well as enterprises like Unilever, Nestlé and DHX Media. Crowdlinker was recently recognized as one of the Top 50 Most Innovative Workplaces by the Elevated Awards. CrowdDigital has a particular focus on marketing for Insurance and the Financial Services industry.
Your responsibilities may include: Optimizing the layout and content of webpages for search engine optimization, performing keyword research; devising content recommendations for SEO, backlink building, and writing SEO reports. You may also have opportunities to manage paid ads campaigns on Google and Facebook, although this is not the main focus of the role.
- At least 1 year (ideally 3 years) of experience managing digital marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO campaigns.
- Experience managing back-link building campaigns and reaching out to referring websites.
- Experience with copy-writing and writing blog articles.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Experience editing pages in Content Management Systems (CMSs) such as WordPress.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to clearly explain complex ideas verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills.
- Works well under pressure and can manage multiple tasks under time constraints.
- The ability and desire to manage other digital marketers.
- Client management experience.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience using the Google Ads platform (Search, Display, Shopping, Video, Remarketing).
- Extensive experience with Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools and Google Search Console.
- Google Ads and Analytics Certifications.
- Experience running Facebook Ad campaigns using the Facebook Ad Manager / Power Editor.
- Facebook Ads Blueprint Certification.
- Proficient at Excel and have experience using complex formulas.
- Strong experience working with Google Suite, Slack, Asana, Toggl & Jira.
- Hands-on experience with marketing automation software such as ActiveCampaign, Marketo, HubSpot, Pardot and/or Eloqua or basic alternatives such a Mailchimp Automation or Clickfunnels Etison Suite.
- Hands-on experience with email marketing tools such as Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign, Constant Contact or AWeber.
- Understanding of Google Tag Manager.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Create a strategy for content marketing campaigns, including determining what to write about, proofreading the copy of writers and also occasionally write articles if needed.
- Keep large and complex projects organized, within scope, and on-time.
- Create accurate reports of your performance for our clients.
- Track, monitor and ensure that campaigns are delivering against all KPIs by reporting on campaign performance.
- Communicate complex data in a simple language. Maintain strong presentation skills and be comfortable speaking in business meetings.
- Execute conversion rate optimization (CRO) strategies with UX design, landing page design, a/b testing, multivariate testing, marketing automation and email marketing with successful results.
- Monitor industry changes and developments in digital marketing.
- Manage other digital marketers.
- Prepare pitch presentations for new clients and manage relationships with existing clients.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an experienced team of developers, designers, business leaders, and digital marketers.
- Learn and implement the latest and greatest in digital marketing.
- Learn faster by working on a variety of client projects throughout the year.
- An opportunity to execute your marketing vision and exercise influence on building out innovative solutions.
- An excellent opportunity to do something you are passionate about, while having a direct impact on how users interact with your campaigns.
- A strong culture of excellence, mutual mentorship, and transparency.
- Fast-growing digital studio working with Toronto’s top tech startups and North America’s best enterprises.
- Huge potential for personal and professional growth.
- Head Office in the heart of Downtown Toronto’s Entertainment District.
- Opportunity to work from home / remotely.
- Sponsors of major Toronto tech events, including Elevate Tech Fest, Startup Open House and InnovationTO.
- Flexible hours with an option to work from home once a week.
- Competitive compensation. The company also has a health/dental benefits plan.
Duration of the role
This is a full-time permanent role.
Remote vs Local Work
Remote work is an option for this role. Preference will be given to those in North American time zones and people with excellent English communication skills. Be sure to indicate your location in your application.
How to apply
In your application, please include:
- A resume and cover letter
- A link to your portfolio / previous work.
- A summary of how you would be able to make a difference in our team.