iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses accessing finance. Traditional banks are slow with rigid terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use technology to offer flexible access to credit with five minute online applications and near-instant decisions.
Since 2012, we've lent over £500 million to almost 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers and salons to solicitors. Along the way we‘ve built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown to a smart, vibrant, fun team of over 200 people.
Despite this, we know we’re still small. Our aim is to fund a million small business within a decade and make a real dent on the funding gap.
We are looking to hire a talented and committed User Researcher for our Design team based at our London Office on Tottenham Court Road to play a critical role in iwoca continuing to have a customer focussed product by adding context and insight into the process of designing the user experience.
As a Researcher at iwoca you will have a focus on cross pollinating insights internally, qual research our products and strategising on new products!
What you’ll do while you’re here:
- Design and conduct qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products.
- Collaborate closely with our analytics team to ensure our qualitative insights are also enhanced by robust quantitative analysis whenever possible.
- Collaborate closely with our product, tech and marketing teams to help ensure our insights can be translated into practical solutions that work for our customers.
- Synthesise and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through the best possible means ranging from presentations, workshops, reports or whatever mechanism gets the insights into our decision-making.
- Adapt and innovate on research methods to ensure we’re capturing the right insights that help us grow and develop our product offering to anticipate small business needs and expectations.
- Lots of hands-on experience with exploratory and evaluative qualitative research methods, appreciating their limitations and when to apply them appropriately.
- You can independently run research projects, from planning, scoping, running the sessions, analysing and creating deliverables.
- You can run user testing with your eyes closed, regardless of the setting. You should be comfortable in a lab as well as stopping people in the street for quick feedback or setting up remote tests.
- You can link research and research schedule and quantity to business goals and timelines.
- You’re familiar with quantitative research and understand metrics.
- You’re a strong communicator and facilitator. You’re able to tell a story so your audience will want to listen to and zoom into detail when needed to help solutions come to life.
- Your a great presenter and can energetically and passionately share your insights with the team in person
- You work great within a team and can effectively make suggestions in the realm of service design.
- You are a great writer and can express yourself succinctly in emails
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance