The Service Estimator/Service Administrator acts as the liaison between the customer and Transwest when service is required. In this role, you are expected to provide one consistent source of information for the client, mechanics, and shop foreman so they are able to perform their duties with minimal interruptions. By coordinating with the customer, obtaining information, and creating an accurate Repair Order (RO), the Service Estimator/Service Administrator is the gateway to accurate and reliable service.
We offer a full benefits package for eligible employees including:
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability Insurance
- 401(K) with company match following your one-year anniversary
- HSA match up to $800 per year
- Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and 6 Company Paid Holidays
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet customers who enter the location.
- Interview clients in a professional manner to determine the needed repairs.
- Obtain all necessary information from the customer to establish a business relationship.
- Support customer calls from the field in a timely manner.
- Provide quotes/estimates on a timely/manner.
- Create a Repair Order (RO) by identifying current vehicle condition, estimated repair time, getting quotes/estimates from the shop, if necessary, supply any supporting documentation, and obtain work authorization.
- Answer service calls and deliver timely updates to clients regarding status updates on work being performed and scheduling work.
- Continue to drive open Repair Orders and continue to follow up with customers based on scheduled intervals until the customer is here to pick up their equipment.
- Monitor and update Uptime Pro for Next Tasks and other communication needs after the Express Assessment and First Communication are made.
- Engage internal subject matter experts as required to solve customer problems.
- Engage Service Foreman, Service Advisors, and Technicians to develop valuable communications for our customers.
- Communicate with the Parts Department to complete service/RO.
- Communicate with Shop Foreman and Manager on pertinent RO information and updates.
- Document each call in Uptime Pro and fully define the conversation for future communications.
- Follow-up with customers with pending approvals for estimates and with updates to approved work as needed.
- Follow up with customers as scheduled intervals become due and provide them with reasonable expectations for further communications and work completion.
- Summarize recent calls in a weekly quality meeting to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Participate in post service customer satisfaction surveys.
- Review work performed with client and collect payment.
- Communicate with customers by quickly responding to inquiries.
- Quality Control of services provided on Truck and Trailer finished products.
- Assisting Service Manager and Foreman with multiple tasks.
- Assist in daily payroll auditing for shop employees.
- Ability to obtain and prepare literature from manufacturers for technicians and foreman to perform diagnostic techniques.
- Additional duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Required to perform work inside and outside, in all-weather situations, at the shop division location.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, fine manipulation and the ability to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty machinery.
- Normal range of hearing and vision.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Requires eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate machinery such as a truck or a forklift.
- Requires frequent standing, bending, or stooping for prolonged periods.
- Requires working in areas which are not ventilated or air-conditioned.
- Requires the ability to read various printed and electronic reports, computer terminal screens; etc.
- Work with the team on continual improvements to processes and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, maintain and wear all required person protective equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constant demands and shifting priorities.
- Requires multi-tasking on many projects at once.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License and MVR in good standing.
- Customer Support with problem solving experience.
- Quality Systems understanding- ISO 9001-2015
- Vehicle knowledge-transportation industry experience.
- Willingness to learn-ensure customer satisfaction.
- Experience diagnosing diesel trucks is a plus.
- Heavy and medium duty truck industry experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to successfully complete a General Abilities Assessment and pass a post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
- Type: Hourly
- Compensation Range: $24.00 - $28.00
- Bonus Eligibility: Yes - After 90 Days
- Reports To: Service Manager
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Closing Date: When Filled
Date Posted: 09-05-2023
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.