We’re on a mission to build the world’s greatest social bank. We believe that banking needs to change for the better. When money is used correctly, it can transform our daily lives and positively impact the planet.
We’re a varied team of experienced tech, customer experience, marketing, legal and banking professionals and we’re looking for highly motivated and inquisitive people who want to understand customer behaviour and how to deliver the best customer experience. As a Service Operations Engineer, you'll take ownership of the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and improvement of our core services.
The Kroo is growing and we’d love to hear from you if you’re interested in joining us in our journey.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Manage incidents and service outages from start to finish, taking responsibility for running initial investigation playbooks, escalating to senior stakeholder and development teams, managing communications both internally and to impacted customers, and performing post incident analysis
- Develop and maintain system wide application monitoring including synthetic transactions to detect and identify potential issues
- Monitor third party provider performance against agreed SLAs
- Build and maintain documentation detailing the configurations of deployed solutions and playbooks for incidents and outages
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes that will result in positive improvement to performance, resilience and reliability of the platform
- Assist with the development of the Disaster Recovery (DR) Plan and conduct regular DR tests of core systems
- Assist the product engineering team with major releases and go-lives, whilst managing risk and eliminating downtime
- Be a part of the on-call schedule for major incident management
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc technical reports containing key metrics, SLA adherence and system status for stakeholders across the business
We’re looking for someone who:
To be successful in this role you must have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Experience working with common Public Cloud provides such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience in operating a high-performance, high-security and high-availability applications and infrastructure, while minimising downtime and risks
- Familiarity with microservice architecture and related design patterns
- Experience managing and resolving technical incidents and service outages
- Knowledge and awareness of common IT security practices
- Knowledge of and experience implementing common disaster recovery strategies and experience
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
Experience or knowledge in the following areas is highly desirable but not essential:
- Experience building, deploying, monitoring and operating containerised workloads (Docker, ECS, EC2 / Fargate) in AWS. Relevant certifications (AWS Solutions Architect etc) preferred
- In-depth knowledge of implementing and utilising monitoring and APM tools (Datadog preferred)
- Working knowledge of agile DevSecOps environments, and CI/CD (Git, Concourse, Terraform for Infrastructure-as-Code)
- Experience working with suppliers to manage performance against agreed SLAs
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry such as finance involving compliance reporting to regulatory authorities
- Experience working in a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team or implementing common SRE practices
What we offer:
- 25 days holidays + UK Bank holidays + Kroo Bank holiday (24th June) + you’ll also get your birthday on us
- 3 x personal health days
- All new starters are granted options in our company share options scheme so you can benefit from growing Kroo
- Access to our workplace pension with a 3% employer contribution
- All the equipment you need to work effectively, usually a Macbook Pro as standard.
- Access to a modern, bustling office in Central Manchester
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle scheme through Octopus EV
- Access to a leading UK mental health support through Spill.chat
- Extended parental leave
- 4 hours per month to support charities you believe in
- High degree of autonomy with support from an experienced and supportive team
- Room to grow and excel within a fast paced, high grow growing start-up
- An ethically conscious company that is truly trying to change what’s most broken about the industry
- Private healthcare through Vitality which gives you access to discounted spa days, Apple Watch, Amazon Prime, Waitrose and other benefits such as free cinema tickets and coffee
We operate under a hybrid policy allowing individuals and teams a high degree of autonomy to use the office as and when it will be most productive. We have a beautiful office in Holborn, which, when used for the right things, can be a useful and powerful tool. Currently we see a blended model of working 1-2 days a week in the office, so candidates that are able to travel in occasionally are the best fit for our current working practices.
We are firmly committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace in which all employees are valued, respected, safe, supported, and listened to without judgement or prejudice. These principles apply to all, regardless of race or ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, mental or physical ability, religion, appearance, political beliefs, educational background, class, and position or tenure within the company. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are central to the direction we take at Kroo, and are considered across all aspects of our business.