At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
The Services Consultant will be responsible for ensuring the success of projects related to customer implementations of the Canvas Learning Management System. This position requires someone who understands our software and understands the customer requirements. To be successful, this individual needs to be a project "hero." You'll carry out analysis and design work and come up with innovative solutions.
Our Consultants are passionate and capable educators who deliver implementation, training and adoption consultancy to organisations involved in education. This includes small K12 institutions, through vocational education providers, to large public universities. Services Consultants will provide training & consultancy, both online and face-to-face. They deliver customer interactions that help institutions elevate their use of Instructure products.
This position can be worked remotely. Fluency in English and additional languages is essential.
What you will be doing:
- Deliver online webinars, onsite training and consult with customers on their pedagogical, technical and data needs.
- Support our institutions in fully understanding how our tools and products align to them in achieving their educational goals
- Develop training plans that support customers in the rollout and adoption of the Canvas Learning Platform suite of products
- Create and manage project plans of multiple work streams in larger projects.
- Manage technical and administrative day-to-day operational aspects of multiple projects and scopes.
- Minimise Instructure's exposure and risk on projects and be prepared to back up your decisions and progress in regular reviews.
- Ensure training and project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately. This includes the development of custom resources aligned to a customers particular needs.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Craft and coordinate a communication plan to keep all project participants updated and aware of the project status.
- Develop new service offerings and resources in line with the Instructure brand and new product developments.
- Support team leadership in additional projects around service delivery and reporting.
Here is what you will need to know/have:
- Experience in teaching or training in a corporate training, K12, vocational education, or higher education context.
- Recognised Qualifications (or demonstrated experience) in Project Management
- Fluent in English and other additional languages
- Experience in Learning Management Platforms - preferably Canvas
- Analytical with high-level problem-solving capabilities.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be passionate about and able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies to pedagogical situations
- Customer service skills & Mindset
- Technical experience with LDAP, CAS and SAML SSO technologies and a good understanding of APIs.
- Willingness to travel, typically around 10-20%.
Ideally, you'll also know/have:
- Working knowledge of pedagogical approaches, technology adoption strategies and educational technology best practices.
- Experience leading or supporting change or involvement in rolling out a technology platform within an organisation.
- Experience in Learning Analytics, Data Analytics and BI tools.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure!
- Excellent benefits and perks, because we want you to be happy and healthy: life assurance, business travel insurance, wellbeing fitness tracking, contribution to your fitness/welfare
- Check us out on Glassdoor, to get the low-down from people that are not in the HR or marketing department :)
- iMacs or Macbooks
- Most importantly, you get to work with a tight knit team who embrace innovation and are committed to being excellent at what they do
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.