Responsible for the power plant Shift Operations including DCS Operations, Power generation and distribution, gas supply allocations to cement lines, Coordination with Cement lines, NGC staff and power plant Shift staff to ensure uninterrupted power supply to Cement Lines.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor operations for efficiency and safety ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are in place.
- Coordinate the operations of the power plant, including all auxiliary equipment in a safe, professional manner, in accordance with industry standards, environmental restrictions, original equipment manufacturers’ recommendations and DCP Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure the continuous operation of the generating plant, including all auxiliary equipment in a manner, which will achieve the optimum thermal efficiency, without compromising safety, plant availability and reliability.
- Oversee technical staff, such as control room engineers and Field engineers in the performance of their duties.
- Ensure the safe and reliable operation of the plant according to approved procedures and within environmental constraints.
- Oversee unit start-ups, shutdowns, and normal operation of Gas turbines & BOP equipment in a power plant.
- Control quality, quantity and promptness of work performed as measured against accepted standards.
- Recommend improvements and modifications in organization, complement, procedures, policies, standards, specifications, methods, processes, and equipment within area of supervision.
- Enforce accident prevention and occupational health work procedures and regulations. Ensure safekeeping of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Provide regular updates to the Head, Power Plant on the status of plant operations.
- Preparing power plant daily production reports and updating energy, water & fuel Totalizers records
Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Power Plant from time to time
Academic / Professional Qualifications:
A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering.
Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant experience in Gas based power plant with minimum of five (5) years’ experience as Shift manager.
Skills & Competencies:
In-depth understanding of power plant systems and interactions among systems
Good oral and written communication skills.
Good networking and teaming skills.
Good data gathering and analysis skills.
Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
Good Knowledge of various applicable ISO standards.
Knowledge of SAP for production reports & records.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development